Not open for further replies.

blackleopard92

In the zone
I have been having a serious prob.

I have two segate HDD on raid 0.
AMD 3000+
512x2 DDR 400.
MSI RS480M2 motherboard.

I first noticed a prob When the system took a little time to boot up.
(those 3 dots scrolled 6 times).
After sometime I got an error BOOT UP DISK FALIURE.
Since then Sometimes the system boots up, while on other times I get
BOOT UP FALIURE or C:\windows\system32\config is corrupt.And asking me to use system recovery.

When I start Windows setup, I sometimes get Hard Disk not found error,
sometimes it runs smoothly.

Also of late checkdisk preety much erased my F: partition.And since
then my system loads preety quick(those tree dots hardly get time to
complete one round).But whenever I put something on F:, the system goes
through the cycle again.

Please help.I don't know whether my system will start next time or not. :(

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Hi blackleopard92,
This problem is arising perhaps because you have Used RAID 0 cinfiguration to connect your HDDs.Try a RAID 1 configuration if u can.As you have used RAID 1,so there is no fault tolerance,i.e your system doesnt create a redundant copy(or backup) of the data written to the HDDs. That way your system performance increases albeit at the risk of data failure.

But RAID 1 provide more security to the data. In the cases of data getting corrupted on on drive,the data on the other drive provide backup, thus avoiding a possible crashes.
Get it setup by your system assembler. Keep looking for this space, I'll inform you soon of how to do it by your own.
-Kaustav

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
To chirag:

Check in the Device Manager Tab to see whether any drivers are missind or are corrupted or not.If yes, then try reinstaling the drive and restarting the system.If the problem persists,then you should attach the HDD to another machine as a slave and check whether the same problem persists or not.If yes, contact your vendor.

Note:: Is it not functioning at all?? Is it not storing or reading data??Well, if all else is fine then do not bother about the HDD getting recognised as a USB device!!!![/list][/list]

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Guys I m having strange prob. My hdd is showing itself as safely remove hdd(usb). But i don't have usb hdd. What shld i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom