Security problem with htts sites

go4saket

Hello friends!

Whenever I try to open any secured site i.e. htttps site, my browser shows a screen which says "This connection is untrusted and to continue, it asks me to add an exception". This is happening in all https site like SBI, HDFC, IRCTC etc. This never happened earlier and all these sites opened normally till yesterday. I even tried different browsers bit the problem is the same.

Then I tried to open the same site on a different PC connected on the same network and the site opened normally. This means that the problem is just with one PC.

What exactly is happening? Can this be because of some virus attack or is this normal and safe?

Please help.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Check your system date and time settings.
This sometimes happen when the date in your system is not current date.
If this does not solve the issue, try clearing your browser's cache, history etc.
Also try running a malware scan.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello friends!

Whenever I try to open any secured site i.e. htttps site, my browser shows a screen which says "This connection is untrusted and to continue, it asks me to add an exception". This is happening in all https site like SBI, HDFC, IRCTC etc. This never happened earlier and all these sites opened normally till yesterday. I even tried different browsers bit the problem is the same.

Then I tried to open the same site on a different PC connected on the same network and the site opened normally. This means that the problem is just with one PC.

What exactly is happening? Can this be because of some virus attack or is this normal and safe?

Please help.

Firstly .. OMG!!! havent seen you posts since ages !! how are you!!!! im Charan, hope you remember the cat avatar with head turned at 90 deg :p

coming to the point..
There can be a couple of possibilities with your problem.
1. Data time issue as said by vignesh.
2. Mallware.. - you need to do a through check on your computer.
3.REMOVED

Last edited:
OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thanks Vignesh & Rcuber... It was the date issue... God knows how the date got automatically changed... problem solved... Thanks again...

Charan, ofcourse I remember you... How are you buddy... I have not been accessing the forum lately but whenever I needed any help, this is the first place I turn up to... So, whats up with you...

Top Bottom