Security cam for home

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramborums

Broken In
HI,

I remember there was an issue of Digit with a story on Security cams. Does someone remember wihich one?

I need to set up a cam at home to monitor the maid who looks after my daughter. Request inputs on the various options i could consider. I have a 512 broadband connection, a running PC at home.

Matter quite urgent. Maid acting bit suspicious.

Thanks for any inputs.

Ramesh

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
*www.zicom.com/consumer/solution_offered/zicomhome.aspx

Can this be helpful?

Try with the webcam.... and u switch off the monitor and let it record all...!

or let u start a web conference and switch off the monitor and u watch from away home.....

Or if u have only mic.. then u can keep the mic sensitivity to highest and start recording and do the same... u can playback it later to catch the maid!

Last edited:
OP
R

ramborums

Broken In
Thansk Ganesh.

Any software you know which can record at low frame rate (to save disk space) from webcam. (or even better from a wireless IP camera)

I dont need to see it online. Watching the recorded clip at a fast rate is good enough. Like record it at 1fps and then play it at say 10fps.

The Zicom products seem too hitech and overkill for my needs. My need is simply to know what the maid is upto in the house when we re not there.

Ramesh

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Welcome! :p wat i think is....
If u have unlimited Internet Plan... Then u can start webcam in Yahoo msngr and switch of the monitor.. Then u can log in to ur other account and view the webcam... But u have to change the preference of WEBcam permission to 'Allow everyone'...
And also disable all Power saving Options!

U start another thread for the software u need... digitians will help... :D :D I too will let u know if i came across such software!!!!!!!
I think in the software given with webcam itself will have those options to change frame rate and resolution!:)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well u can try ... swann ...

hey have a 6k kit for pc interface and a cheap camera can be connected for recording .... they are available at croma ...

the kit has a pci card with 4 camera inputs and software included camera has to be purchased separately

*www.swann.com.au/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom