Search Engine Optimization

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitnew

Broken In
Can anyone tell me about the serch engine optimization, how to place the web in the first ten results.

Search Engine Optimization

Though you can never garuntee a top 10 result in search engines as there's always a "another site" . SEO differs in different search engines .

Google:
- Mainly depends on Google PageRank of the site . It is achieved by more links from high PR sites. You can directories to get listed, especially DMOZ. (submit karo bas phir toh hits he hits :twisted: )

- Keywords, you should place the words you should recieve hits, in metatags and contents. (though with jagger update it's hard to say it`ll work).

- Sitemap, Using sitemap is a great way to get users what they want , If a visitor is lost he can easily find out the way using a sitemap. It`s like the “You Are Here� boards at parks etc. it`s helpful especially if u have flash websites.

MSN:
- World has still not configired how M$ works , MSN toh door ki baat hai

Yahoo!:
- You list from any crap place and it lists eveyrthing on your site. and once it's after your site (peecha nahi chodega)

Precautions

* Never Link to a page which is banned from search engine`s
* Don`t host your pages on a unreliable host. Hence try to get history of a web host before buying space . Check if your host is not banned.
* Never link to a site which host warez, copyrighted materials ,anything that is against the law or which have chance to get banned. Incomming links from them can`t do any harm though.
* Check for errors in metatags like description
* Have a robots.txt file

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I don't know much about MSN but getting your site in Top 10 in MSN is easier than in any other search engine. Use all the tips mentioned above and everything's easy.

OP
N

nitnew

Broken In
navjotjsingh said:
I don't know much about MSN but getting your site in Top 10 in MSN is easier than in any other search engine. Use all the tips mentioned above and everything's easy.

Thanks for support I submitted it to dmoz and hope that evrything is going fine, How can i earn money through a web site. any idea

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Simplest way is to sign up with Google Adsense. But toughtest part is to get high earnings.

Another methods are becoming a reseller of domains or hosting or an affliate.

OP
N

nitnew

Broken In
navjotjsingh said:
Simplest way is to sign up with Google Adsense. But toughtest part is to get high earnings.

Another methods are becoming a reseller of domains or hosting or an affliate.
I am new to this can you please tell me about the procedure, google adsense i know but they do not activate my account and about other i do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom