Seagate SATA HDD woes on 965RY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innovator

Broken In
Hi Friends,

[Posting a new thread with clear sub, I request the MOD to close the thread with sub "Intel DG965WH Vs DG965RY ?"]

Was not in town for last few day. Atlast y'day I brought my PC with following Configuration:

Intel 965RY
C2D 1.86GHz E6300
Transcend 1G 533 MHz (Planning to xchange it with 667)
Seagate 200 GB SATA 7200

Initially had problems with RAM Compatibility, but then Transcend worked.

Now the problem am facing is, my BIOS shown all the configurations properly but when i boot my PC with bootable winxp sp2, after loading the setup file the setup says "There are no fixed disks available to the system". I tried booting with a floppy and FDISK also says "No Fixed disks available" ( Not sure if we can use FDISK to partition SATA hdds) . I tested connecting the SATA cable to all the SATA ports and with different SATA cables but everying in vain.

But when I connected my old Samsung IDE HDD 80 GB to the IDE connector (thank god I have an option of 1 IDE connector in 965RY) i was able to smoothly run the setup.

Friends, please tell me what could be the problem??? I dont want to continue with my IDE but want to use SATA technology and get maximum performance out of my above configuration.

Thanks & Regards
Dev

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
it could be because you didn't attach the cables properly, especially the sata cable....cuz i had a similar problem when i inserted the cable into the wrong slot(i put it into the hole on the other end of the cable side)...lol

OP
I

Innovator

Broken In
jz2linkinpark said:
it could be because you didn't attach the cables properly, especially the sata cable....cuz i had a similar problem when i inserted the cable into the wrong slot(i put it into the hole on the other end of the cable side)...lol

Thanks for the prompt reply. I tried with all the SATA ports which as following on the board and on the SATA HDD:
____
|
____
|
____|
____|

But still the same problem....

varkey

Journeyman
maybe ur copy of winxp doesnt have sata drivers. i had this prob before and was solved whn i used a diffcd with drivers integrated.

anyway whts ur opnion abt the boad dg965ry im planning to buy that.

please post the price of the various componenets u purchased and from which city u are from.

Last edited:

robogeek

Broken In
Hi mr.Innovator.. I am too from hyderabad.. I want too purchase cpu on C2D in next week.. can u post the prices at which you bought parts.. and did u purchase from CTC in secunderabad.. plz post in which shop you bought the cpu.. thanks in advance..

Ch@0s

In the zone
See in the bios and set your hard disk controller is set to IDE emulation mode. I think its in raid mode which will require the SATA controller drivers to be provided on a floppy. (You need to press F8 once the blue loading screen prompts you).

OP
I

Innovator

Broken In
Hurray Freinds !!!:smile: :smile: :smile:

I was able to resolve the HDD problem, I just Xchanged my Seagate 200 GB 7200.9 SATA I HDD with 7200.10 SATA II HDD and guess what, the XP setup boosted and detected my HDD.

Friends, Thanks for lot for your kind responses and suggestions which made my life easier. Kudoos to all of you :smile: :smile:

varkey

Journeyman
good to know that the prob was solved.

it would be nice if you could post the prices at which u bought the items

G

gxsaurav

u will simply need to make a slipstreamed XP SP2 CD, I had similar problems, so i simply made myself a XP SP2 + 865GBF motherboard SATA drivers slipstreamed CD with nlite, try it, it's quite good

OP
I

Innovator

Broken In
varkey said:
good to know that the prob was solved.

it would be nice if you could post the prices at which u bought the items

Here is the price list of my configuration:

Intel 965RY - 6400/-
Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz E6300 - 8850/-
DDR2 Transcend 1 GB 533 (Single) - 6300/-
Seagate 200GB SATA II 7200.10 - 4000/-