Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex

sjl

Right off the assembly line
I bought a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 320 GB external hard drive yesterday. When I connected it for the first time, everything seemed okay. When I tried to copy some files to it, the first ones were transferred smoothly. But on reconnecting the device, when I tried to copy some files, it showed "cyclic redundancy error" message. When I restarted the PC and tried to access the external hard drive, I got the message that the partition was not formatted and whether I would like to format it. Upon reconnecting the device, I got the same message. So I formatted the hard drive. It worked fine till I shut down the PC. But when I connected the external hard drive this morning, I got the same "partition not formatted" and "Error performing inpage operation" message.:x

Moreover, when the external hard drive is connected to the PC, when I try to open the My Computer window, it freezes for some time.

What do I do now? Any suggestions? Please help:noob: Counting on you experts:listen:

The problem's solved now.:p Formatted the hard disk into smaller sized partitions. That solved the problem:grin:

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I bought a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 320 GB external hard drive yesterday. When I connected it for the first time, everything seemed okay. When I tried to copy some files to it, the first ones were transferred smoothly. But on reconnecting the device, when I tried to copy some files, it showed "cyclic redundancy error" message. When I restarted the PC and tried to access the external hard drive, I got the message that the partition was not formatted and whether I would like to format it. Upon reconnecting the device, I got the same message. So I formatted the hard drive. It worked fine till I shut down the PC. But when I connected the external hard drive this morning, I got the same "partition not formatted" and "Error performing inpage operation" message.:x

Moreover, when the external hard drive is connected to the PC, when I try to open the My Computer window, it freezes for some time.

What do I do now? Any suggestions? Please help:noob: Counting on you experts:listen:

The problem's solved now.:p Formatted the hard disk into smaller sized partitions. That solved the problem:grin:

Just to be on safe side, format it back as a single partition, let those errors pop up, take the device to service centre and have it replaced

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Get your drive replaced if same problem occurs with factory formated partition.Btw. ur drive is portable version or desk version?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
sjl,
No need of any partition for a portable drive.

I guess some minor issue is with driver or manufacturing defect.
It will be wise to take it to service center for RMA(now pls dnt ask abt Seagate RMA)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I am asking about the version because in desk version one need to plug the adapter to switch on the hdd.Sometimes adapter becomes bad, and create some annoying problem.

Top Bottom