Seagate 1TB Freeagent desk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was planning to buy a Seagate 1TB Freeagent desk external HDD for backup purposes. Recently i saw few reviews on forums and groups that some are having the 'click of death' within one week of purchase and loosing all data.

Any one here have similar experience?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
okay, I have no idea about the bigger 1TB Seagate FreeAgent. But I do own a 320GB Seagate FreeAgent Go which is performing flawlessly.

If you are scared to buy a Seagate, then you can trust Western Digital.

OP
V

vineeth_pulari

Broken In
um, i guess it will be USB powered, this model has a power adapter, thats what worries me and the 1TB USB powered model costs a hreatbreaking 9900Rs :((

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
um, i guess it will be USB powered, this model has a power adapter, thats what worries me and the 1TB USB powered model costs a hreatbreaking 9900Rs :((

R u sure there is a (only) USB powered external HDD? AFAIK, only 500GB drives are available in USB powered option...

And, trust none...have backup of backup always.

nimish23

Broken In
R u sure there is a (only) USB powered external HDD? AFAIK, only 500GB drives are available in USB powered option...

NOt really WD has 750GB as well as 1TB portable hard drives that are only USB powered, but they cost a bomb though. the 750GB models costs in the 10k region

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any USB powered hard disk of capacity more than 500GB costs a bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom