SE W995 Review by Naveen_Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoghno

Padawan
if you guys want smart phone features like pdf reader , excel etc , everything now can be got in SE phoners also . there are many java apps to do

i have used the following

1.) Excell
2.) PDF reader
3.) WINRAR /WINZIP
4.) IM , GTALK, GMAIL ,

i have heard that there is app for powerpoint too , but havent checked...

Java apps cannot be compared with native apps . And every phone can have those java apps .

This phone is not bad itself , but 24k is bit too much considering the competition. Like vga@15fps is not bad itself , but come on , every nseries does vga30fps and samsung flagship offers hd. As for battery backup , i've not heard only great things about n86. If se price it @18-19k then it might be huge hit and capture the huge gap between n79 and 86.

Btw , can you answer few more questions ?
1. In which menus auto rotate works . Does it work in browser ?
2. Which video formats it support ? Flv , wmv ? Any mod for codecs ?
3. What is gprs lock time (with google maps)
4. Any sign of keypad scratches for sliding of phone .
5.scratches on cam lense ? Any other build issues ?

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Java apps cannot be compared with native apps . And every phone can have those java apps .

This phone is not bad itself , but 24k is bit too much considering the competition. Like vga@15fps is not bad itself , but come on , every nseries does vga30fps and samsung flagship offers hd. As for battery backup , i've not heard only great things about n86. If se price it @18-19k then it might be huge hit and capture the huge gap between n79 and 86.

you are right that native apss cant be compared , but all i am saying is , if one is desperate to have those apps , there is a possibilty now for other phones to have these apps. All i am saying is nearly all phones now can be smart phones to some extent.

many of my friends have Nokia , all hi-end gadgets, but i have not seen them using those apps , simply coz many now have laptop , its now a trend to have a laptop , mobile , bike .... so if one is having laptop , they would prefer the office apps on laptop rather than phone. More over , the use of those in mobile is limited , or say least used. correct me if i am wrong.

SE has always lacked in the video dept . for a long time. And i dont know why they havent fixed it yet. may be aino , satio can fill in the gaps. but belive me , VGA 30 FPS looks really good , compared to 24 FPS or lesser. the video are smooth.

Btw , can you answer few more questions ?
1. In which menus auto rotate works . Does it work in browser ?
2. Which video formats it support ? Flv , wmv ? Any mod for codecs ?
3. What is gprs lock time (with google maps)
4. Any sign of keypad scratches for sliding of phone .
5.scratches on cam lense ? Any other build issues ?
1.)auto rotate is lmited to media player alone. If the wallpaper is falsh , it can take control of accelerometer , but i have not seen themes taking control of accelerometer.

2.)FLV is supported , WMV , i am not sure... there is no mods for codecs.

3.)i dont know wht it is .. sorry my friend.

4.) NO . This slider is smooth and there is adequate gap between the keys and the slidder under surface.

5.) the cam lens is slightly kept below the surface , so we can expect no scratches , but a lens cover would have been great. Build quality is really good , the phone feels solid , but at the same time , its very light , lighter than my K850.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
What?? It autorotates the browser too. The rotation works both for the browser and the media player. :)

Siva, did you get the desktop speaker that comes bundled??

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
^^ o buddy , i got it from a black market as a seconds , few days used , so didnt get desktop speaker ...

wht phone are you now having dreamcatcher ?

Eggy Brahma

Right off the assembly line
I'm planing to buy this phone. I need it mainly for music. The sound quality really matters to me. Is the sound quality of this phone better than ipods, specially ipod touch 2G. Please i need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom