se k750i or nokia 6230

Status
Not open for further replies.

nin

Right off the assembly line
i just want a nice simple phone with a good camera. a phone that's easy to use for sms, mms, with dependable reminder/calendar function, and one that will sync well with my mac powerbook.

please recommend. thanks.

aadipa

Padawan
No idea about MacOS but K750 is always better than 6230/6230i, 6230i has only one advantage PTT Key, no idea how it is implemented in india.

pakkasir

Broken In
hey aadipa, k750 also has PTT, though there is no dedicated key(however, it can be as shortcut). No Nokia model can match upto k750 or w800, if u don't consider N90.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
i dont think there is more to say as other 2 hav already told u,even i'll suggest SE 750K it rocks,gr8 fone better then 6230.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
pakkasir said:
, if u don't consider N90
Your statement would have been correct had you not added those five words. Nokia N90 is a very very slow phone (a trademark of Nokia) and as superb as it's camera is, the K750's camera remains better for stills.

U2

Broken In
6230i

What's New

Flexible, efficient, and powerful: the Nokia 6230i phone shares the same classic design as the popular Nokia 6230, but we've revved up the features inside.

Looking Good: We upgraded the camera resolution to 1.3 megapixels so you can show off your images in print. If you're the type who prefers action, we've set the scene with video recording and a high resolution, 208 x 208-pixel color TFT display.

Store More: There's now 32 MB of internal memory, which is easily expandable with removable MMC cards (up to 512 MB). Use the phone as a storage device for photos, music and video files - or even important documents and presentations.

The Right Connections: When you need to get files from one device to another, the Nokia 6230i phone gives you true versatility with Bluetooth technology, infrared, Pop-Port™, USB (supporting plug-and-play), and GPRS/EDGE networks.

Quick Links

Operating Frequency
Integrated Digital Camera
Messaging
Connectivity

Key Features
1.3 megapixel camera
Fast file transfers with the plug and play USB port
208 x 208-pixel, 65,536 color TFT display
32 MB internal memory plus up to 512 MB removable memory
Email, MMS, and Instant Messaging
Animated 3D menu graphics
MP3/AAC/M4A stereo music player
XHTML browser also shows many HTML pages
Comfortably compact, classic design
Bluetooth wireless technology
Push to talk over cellular

Full Specifications

Tri-Band Operation
EGSM 900, GSM 1800, and GSM 1900 networks in Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific, North America, and South America where these networks are supported
Automatic switching between bands

Size
Weight: 99 g (including battery BL-5C)
Dimensions: 103 mm x 44 mm x 20 mm, 76 cc

Display
Active TFT color display is noticeably brighter
Supports up to 65,536 colors within 208 x 208 pixels

User Interface
New animated 3D menu graphics
5-way navigation key with select key
Configurable right and left soft keys
List and grid menu

Integrated Digital Camera
1.3 megapixel camera (image size 1280x1024 pixels)
Record video in the 3GPP QCIF video file format (H.263 video and AMR or AAC voice for improved sound)
Record up to one hour of video - depending on the amount of memory available on the phone or MMC
Print images directly from the phone over a Bluetooth connection or using an MMC (depending on the printer)

Multimedia
Integrated video player for download and playback or for streaming: (3GPP, H.263 video, MPEG-4, and AMR)
Music player supports AAC, MP3, and M4A formats
Video encoding and playback in QCIF format with sound
Use AAC/MP3 tracks for ringing/game/alert tones, as well as MIDI/polyphonic tones
FM stereo radio
AMR, the 3GPP speech codec, provides noticeably improved sound quality

Messaging
MMS OMA 1.2: combine image, video, text and voice clips and send as MMS to a compatible phone or PC; use MMS to tell your story with a multi-slide presentation. The MMS OMA 1.2 specification allows you to send/receive messages up to 300 KB in size.
Automatically resizes megapixel images to fit MMS (max. 300 KB attachment size depending on the network)
Email: supports SMTP, POP3, and IMAP4 protocols
Text messaging: supports concatenated SMS; picture messaging
Predictive text input: Support for all major languages in Europe and Asia Pacific
Presence: includes Wireless Village, Instant Messaging, and Dynamic phonebook; know someone's status before you call

Memory Functions*
32 MB internal memory (approximately 27 MB available for video, audio, image files, and other documents)
MMC included in sales package (capacity of MMC depends on location), up to 512 MB supported
Back up important files such as presentations and documents, or just store images on your personal mobile storage device

Games
3D Golf, Street Racer, and Space Mah Jong
Download new Java™ games

Applications
Visual Radio
Improved calendar (with week view)
Notepad and voice memo recorder
Translator
World Clock II
Converter II
Java MIDP 2.0 with Bluetooth API makes downloading new applications easy

Connectivity
Transfer images, video clips, audio files, and other files
Bluetooth wireless technology: wide range of profiles and APIs for seamless connectivity
Infrared
USB port
Easy remote or local synchronization with a PC or other compatible device
Full OMA DRM protects copyrighted material
Push to talk over cellular (PoC) lets you use your phone like a walkie-talkie

Browsing
Integrated XHTML browser connects over TCP/IP stack
3GPP video streaming
Mobile Wallet 2.0: convenient online use and storage of your numbers and passwords

Data Transfer
EDGE* Class 10 (4+1, 3+2): speed up to 236.8 Kbit/s
GPRS (General Packet Radio Service)* class 10 (4+1, 3+2)
HSCSD (High-Speed Circuit-Switched Data)* transfer up to 43.2 Kbit/s in HSCSD networks
TCP/IP*

*Note that these services require network support.

Personal Information Management (PIM)
Call Management
Speed dialing: up to 9 names
Last-number redial from dialed calls list (Dial key brings up the dialed calls list)
Automatic redial (max 10 attempts)
Automatic answer (works with headset or car kit only)
Call waiting, call hold, call divert, call timer
Automatic and manual network selection
Caller identification with image
Closed User Group
Fixed Dialing Number, allows calls only to predefined numbers
Conference call (up to 5 participants)
Vibrating alert

Voice Features
Voice dialing, 25 preset
16 voice commands
Voice recording up to 60 min
Integrated handsfree speaker
Automatic and manual volume control

Power Management

Battery Talk time* Standby time*
BL-5C Up to 3-5 hours Up to 150-300 h

U2

Broken In
This year, the fast-paced world of handsets revolves around improved camera functionality and music playback - and at the forefront of this evolution, we find Sony Ericsson's K750i. Improving on the S700i - or the S710a, which is the North American version of the S700i - by 0.7 Megapixels, the K750i sheds both size and weight to achieve an vastly improved handset.

Welcome to the evolution

In many ways the Sony Ericsson K750i also improves on features from previous Sony Ericsson models such as the T630 and the K700i. Being both slim and light, weighing in at a mere 99 g and measuring 100 x 46 x 20.5 mm, the K750i doesn't reveal its heavy feature set at first glance. When turned on, however, the relatively small 1.8", 262K colour screen strikes one as both bright and clear as well as unusually sharp due to its resolution of 176 x 220 pixels - more typical of smartphones than ordinary handsets.

Moving on, we find the keypad of the K750i keypad to be comfortable in use, providing good tactile feedback as well as low audible noise. The numeric keys have been positioned very close to each other, yet are easily distinguished due to their slightly convex shape. In terms of navigation the K750i offers a rather small yet ergonomically sound 5-way joystick, accompanied by the four action buttons typical of current handsets, as well as a button opening the well-known shortcut list in Sony Ericsson's user interface.

Speaking of user interface, the main menu in the K750i has received a few upgrades with animations now sliding in smoothly and effortlessly from the top and center of the screen. Being overall more slick than previous incarnations, the user interface also comes across as even more user-friendly with regard to text input.

Sound, meet fury

The K750i snaps stills at a resolution of 2 Megapixels with good white balance, and performs admirably well under poorly lit conditions. Its appliance of contrast leaves something to be desired, however, but overall image quality must be said to be excellent with good colour saturation and crispness. Also, the K750i's implementation of auto focus and macro focus deserves praise for its good performance and relatively short response times. Still, despite offering a solid improvement over its predecessors, it cannot replace a dedicated digital camera.

Using the K750i as an audio player turned out to be a pleasant surprise, as the audio quality has been upped significantly as compared to previous mobile phones with similar offerings. Dedicated hardware buttons for play/pause and volume control enable users to listen to music without entering the menu at all during playback, and press-and-hold functionality also enables track skipping; a much welcome feature.

Although the ability to create playlists is present, we missed the opportunity of forwarding through songs without entering the music player interface - but on the other hand, the graphic equalizer with several presets proved excellent for optimizing sound. As such, it's a bit of a shame that the K750i doesn't provide an integrated 3.5 mm jack but rather relies on a dongle - which must be purchased separately.

In terms of mobile phone related features, the K750i supports GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz networks, as well as HSCSD and GPRS. Unfortunately EDGE support has been left out, but at least Bluetooth and Infrared are present for short-range connectivity. Offering a Memory Stick Duo expansion slot and an USB 1.1 port, the 64 MB Memory Stick storage card and the USB cable to be found in the box allow for easy transfer of MP3 files to the phone. Furthermore the K750i also sports an FM radio, 32 MB of non-volatile internal memory, polyphonic and MP3 ringtones, SMS and MMS, instant messaging and e-mail, and lastly Java MIDP 2.0 as well as WAP 2.0 support.

Reception and voice quality for the Sony Ericsson K750i both proved excellent, as did its battery with approximately 6 hours of talktime and 9 days of standby time as compared to the claimed 9 hours and 16 days, respectively.

Availability

The Sony Ericsson K750i, also known as the Sony Ericsson K750, is at the time of writing available in several European markets, selling for approximately 475 EUR without subscription. Sony Ericsson K750i

Conclusion

Despite an advanced feature set which includes a high quality camera and similarly high-performance audio player, the Sony Ericsson K750i manages to maintain acceptable battery life. Despite its lack of EDGE for high-speed data, the handset also delivers an excellent overall experience in the communications and messaging departments, rendering it the very best handset to be had at the time of its introduction. In other words, the K750i comes highly recommended.

What's positive:
Size; outstanding camera results; impressive audio player performance

What's negative:
No EDGE support for high-speed data; adapter required for 3.5 mm jack

Source: *www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/5996.html

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@U2: Please post the source whenever you use material from another website. It is considered plagiarism if you do not credit the original source. Plagiarism is against forum rules. Since you are new and this is your first offence, I will let you off the hook this time.

Source: *www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/5996.html

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
I have used both and I prefer the 6230i, screen is much sharper than the sony (208x208), the music playback is great even without headphones and 2mp camera in a cell does not offer any practical benefit over 1.3mp, also I find the pics taken by the 6230i to be of better quality. EDGE class 10 i.e 236 kbps is another bonus. In fact, I will be getting one for myself shortly to replace my 3220.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
coolendra said:
hey k750i is the ultimate cellphone in this range...

a 2 MP camera
extendeble memory upto 2 GB

nokias all phones have the support to the last memory card available and latest is 4gb so babes se is nothin but a big s***** well hope all of u understand

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
teknoPhobia:
2mp camera in a cell does not offer any practical benefit over 1.3mp, also I find the pics taken by the 6230i to be of better quality

dude then u must be saying that 6230i has much greater cam than n70 and n90 series (2mp)....K750i n W800i beats nokia's any model in cam quality even N series taken...so far these two got d best cam available...checkout gsmarena.com

not a screen problem in se wit 256k display..its got gr8 clarity....not sayin 6230 is bad but not better than se.....n sound quality is always better with se that i ve observed....n edge is not that of big use in india coz gprs services in india sucks...im facing it.....so i think everyones gettin my point...also....2gb is not less...more than enuf for a cell...so plz confirm wat u saying.

@nin:
plz confirm all said here....n take a gud decision man....for best information on latest....do google search n checkout urself wat im tryin 2 say.

cheers

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well i repeat again wat was said by nin:
"i just want a nice simple phone with a good camera"

rest all for sms, sync n all both goes same....features, check urself i guess k750i has d most features in that budget area...durabilty, obviously nokia has d edge, though latest se also got decent durabilty.....n lastly cam...no doudbt se is always d best...i bet on that...so gud luk man

cheers

OP
N

nin

Right off the assembly line
se k750i or nokia 6230i

hey, thanks to everyone for all your helpful input. to tell you the truth,i'm really hoping to hear that nokia 6230i will "measure up" to se 750i--since there seems to be a really big fan club of the latter phone. :)

anyway, i really like how nokia phones are so easy to use and if anyone will say that the 6230i will answer my requirements for a simple phone with a good camera, and calendar/reminder function, then my decision is done.

is there really no big difference between 2megapixels and 1.3mp in cellphones? because it seems to me from the replies on this thread, that the only advantage 750i has over the 6230i is the camera. am i correct on this?

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
now u do it urself...checout following n take ur decision...

*www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,72817,00.html

*www.sonyericsson.com/k750/

*www.gsmarena.com (reviews n compairisn)

megapixels do not make difference if u just clicking on ur cellfone...but in this case 2mp will make it if ur gonna enlarge it on ur pc or even get hard copy of that...my experience is dat nokias mp cam dont hv that kool cam quality as i seen on 7610...not dat gr8 as a mp camera...even k700i (non mp) was comparable to that....featurewise se is always gr8ter but still i recon u checkout all those stuffs

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom