sd card unmounted/removed unexpectedly!

samudragupta

Youngling
Hi friends, i know this has been posted before, but mine is a bit wierd problem....
Im using 64gb class 10 sandisk sd card. So after updating to lollipop i have been getting these errors frequently and i have to restart the handset to fix it temporarily. I had this issue on kitkat as well but happened only rarely like once ot twice in 5 months.
These two things happened unfortunately,
1) i had dropped my phone on carpet from 2 feet after lollipop update. I wonder if the phone couldn't handle it and the connector for the sd slot has loosened. (but phone reboot resolved issue temporarily)
2) few days back i removed the sd card without unmounting it from settings and immediately got the error and kept happening after that.
3) I have tried 3 different cards and all give the same error while writing files or making chages on them.
4) this error also popped up wierdly last night without the sd card, but only once.
so i am confused what caused the issue. Is the connector loose or what is the problem, since restarting resolves issue temporarily for few minutes!
I have formated sd card, reset handset and tried another sd card and still the same issue. sd card is detected on the pc. Happens with transcend, strontium sd card as well. Please advise i am confused

$hadow

Geek in making
You have to re-flash the rom. Removing card without unmounting it must have broken something. I would have suggested trying alternative cards but since you have done so I am pretty sure this could be the culprit.

Top Bottom