scvhost.exe virus has infected my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

psr

Broken In
My computer has been infected by scvhost.exe virus through a pen-drive I used. It is not svchost. I came to know of it when Zone Alarm showed that the above process is trying to connect the internet. It has disabled my Task Manager and Regedit. It also automatically closed some opened windows applications.
On reboot, after Zone Alarm showed it I prevented it from accessing the internet . Prior to that I was not even able to access the net.Google was not opening but I was able to open yahoo. I am also not able to open applications like Hijack This and Registry Mechanic.
I was not able to remove it using AVG and neither through Ad-Aware.
How do I remove the virus? Please help.

Last edited:

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Go to your C drive or the partition in which you have installed the OS. In the address bar type "heap41a" without quotes.. It is in this folder the virus exists, this folder will be in the root of your system partition. Delete all the contents of this folder. This should fix your problem, if the virus that has infected your PC is the same as the one that I am talking about.

To re-enable your task manager and registry editor....

Type gpedit.msc in RUN

go to
User Cofiguration->Administrative Templates->System
Now in the right hand panel set "Prevent access to Registry editing tools" to not configured or disabled.......This will enable registry editor ...Once this is done

Now start registry editor and Navigate to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\System

In the right hand panel if a DWORD called "DisableTaskMgr" is present set its value to zero......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom