Screenshots Channel (56K warning)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
As long as the shooter has proper aim assist, it would be indistinguishable from it's console counterpart..
Some shooters do not have aim assist and that makes them almost impossible to play with controller
A good FPS game to play with a controller is borderlands 2, it has very good controller support ..
But, Mouse will always be better for FPS..period
Joysticks are meant for space sims like star citizen or air plane games like Ace combat, you cant play FPS On them

sarosh

Journeyman
Just another question, how many customize the controls of their mouse/game controller before beginning the game, or are the default controls the optimum?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I dont normally change everything, just a few bits here and there.. I also use Logitech Control Panel to remap mouse button 4, 5,6,7,8 for other purposes (its really useful in fallout)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Since everyone here is a gamer, I thought I'd get some more opinions about whether it is easy or even win shooter (gun) games like FEAR, Crysis, Quake, Call of Duty, etc on a game controller?
Do you get better aiming with the controller after a few months practice, or its just better to stick with a good mouse for the shooter games?

Short answer: Mouse is mouse, garbage is garbage. Garbage here refers to controllers obviously. Even if you aim twice better and accurate with controllers than mice even then that's hilarious, because of the FEEL.

sarosh

Journeyman
Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

*i.imgur.com/ynNYKgc.jpg

*i.imgur.com/XCJxHcB.jpg

*i.imgur.com/NdsuzN7.jpg

*i.imgur.com/08gIo49.jpg

*i.imgur.com/nrolzD1.jpg

*i.imgur.com/SJ1IddZ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/SJ1IddZ.jpg

*i.imgur.com/eEC6gsC.jpg

*i.imgur.com/EcsF3pj.jpg

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Pillars of Eternity writing

*images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/359526927297700563/A49C13318F5AE086408B37DD9154050A8E82CE58/

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Big RPG Fan, tried my best to play this game, but its clunky as hell.. The spell interactions are mediocre and the combat is crap by modern standards.. The story on the other hand is top notch..
Try Divinity Original Sin, thats a game I really love

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Big RPG Fan, tried my best to play this game, but its clunky as hell.. The spell interactions are mediocre and the combat is crap by modern standards.. The story on the other hand is top notch..
Try Divinity Original Sin, thats a game I really love

I'm halfway in the game so can't really tell whether it's good or not. The most annoying thing was that they went to great lengths to support the backers. There are NPCs and tombs based on backers which kills the immersion. I won't say the combat is bad but it definitely doesn't do anything better than Dragon Age Origins. D:OS is on my wishlist. Just waiting for a good discount.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I'm halfway in the game so can't really tell whether it's good or not. The most annoying thing was that they went to great lengths to support the backers. There are NPCs and tombs based on backers which kills the immersion. I won't say the combat is bad but it definitely doesn't do anything better than Dragon Age Origins. D:OS is on my wishlist. Just waiting for a good discount.

Yup, exactly, Those tombs completley break immersion, still cant really blame them, they needed the moolah :p

Try D:OS combat, you will love it, everything interacts with the environment and dem elemental effects are awesome

Another bad thing about this, is there's literally no good treasure or item that extends to lategame.. Even the best weapon you will find ingame has mediocre stats, there is no "WOW" factor when you encounter an enchanted sword..

Top Bottom