screen protector Yes or No

beingGamer

In the zone
No for me, when you have gorilla glass.
2 years of Nokia N8 without a screen protector and still not a single scratch till now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have to keep wiping my E970's screen (gorilla glass 2) to remove smudges and fingerprints. So, if you want a fingerprint free phone, get a screen protector.

Hrishi

I use a screen protector both rear and front for mine.
Front one is OGS so its delicate than others.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Even if you have Gorilla Glass, a mere sand/dust particle can scratch it because Quartz is higher in Mohs scale.

You should add a screen protector.

Deadman

Journeyman
No unless you want to compromise with the clarity. Sand can scratch but that is visible under bright light. Same for fingerprints. I have stopped using guard for 3 months only a micron scratch like .00001% visible.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
you can get something like tempered glass protector..they are good can also save the screen from fall if that happens..and they usually have coating to reduce fingerprint smudges etc...though they tend to be slightly expensive than other protectors..

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If there's someone who is not using a screen protector and do not have any scratch on the phone, then he / she should be considered extremely lucky, or they can't see scratches!

Gorilla Glass, Dracula Glass, Dragon Glass, they all scratch, overtime. I didn't use any screen protector on my S4, as I was confident nothing will happen, then after four months of usage I saw 3 light, very light scratches, that's it, applied one without hesitating an instant. Some scratches are not visible under normal light, just put your phone under a LED / CFL, then you'll see magic :p

So in short, yes, screen protector is a must, regardless of whatever fancy named glass your phone has.

beingGamer

In the zone
If there's someone who is not using a screen protector and do not have any scratch on the phone, then he / she should be considered extremely lucky, or they can't see scratches!

*s28.postimg.org/tb00g9r6x/SAM_0490.jpg

*s28.postimg.org/4ds1lmdbd/SAM_0491.jpg

*s28.postimg.org/8zsr7po89/SAM_0492.jpg

let me know if you see any scratch on the screen :p

[MENTION=285910]TechnoBOY[/MENTION] : if you are concerned about the screen getting scratches then just use screen protector.
I put the phone mostly on its face, and still its screen is without any scratches.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
*s28.postimg.org/tb00g9r6x/SAM_0490.jpg

*s28.postimg.org/4ds1lmdbd/SAM_0491.jpg

*s28.postimg.org/8zsr7po89/SAM_0492.jpg

let me know if you see any scratch on the screen :p
No, I don't, I can't. All the photos are more or less out of focus. The best way to look is to put it under a desk CFL lamp, and see, without camera's flash. However seeing that it's an N8, it's possible that it won't have any / much noticeable scratches. One of the best built phone ever made. The only phone I used without any protector and had no visible scratch under normal lighting was the S2.

beingGamer

In the zone
No, I don't, I can't. All the photos are more or less out of focus. The best way to look is to put it under a desk CFL lamp, and see, without camera's flash. However seeing that it's an N8, it's possible that it won't have any / much noticeable scratches. One of the best built phone ever made. The only phone I used without any protector and had no visible scratch under normal lighting was the S2.

Yea i thought the same that it will be out of focus, that's why i took pictures from both the ends.
yes its a solidly build phone. apart from the scratches on the color on the border which is around the screen, there is not a single scratch i see on the screen.

so it depends on which brand you are using. if you trust it, you can use it without any screen protector.

Top Bottom