Screen going blank after the windows logo appears

Saumil996

Journeyman
My 5 month old pc (with a 5 year old HDD) gave its first major problem today :-( . It goes blank after the windows logo and i cannot start windows though ubuntu works fine. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

I observed that the keyboard lights remain illuminated and i can hear the windows welcome tone after a while but the screen remains blank as in the monitor does not recieve a signal. This problem is not there in safe mode which boots properly.

Also i think it would be important to mention that this problem arised after my pc crashed while playing bf3 multiplayer and restarted (as in till the windows logo appeared)

Last edited:

frankeric

Journeyman
hi there bro start your windows in safe mode and delete all un necessary softwares than reboot your windows normally.

aloodum

Journeyman
@@Saumi: Does the monitor display any message like "frequency out of range/resolution not supported"??
I suspect your graphics drivers have been fudged :p

See if you can uninstall the video drivers from safe mode.Then restart the pc and boot into normal mode. You should boot in fine as it would now use the default stadard vga driver. Install your graphics driver. Lets us know if it worked out for you.

Cheers!!

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
i guess its a driver issue , get into safe mode uninstall video driver using control panel uninstaller or using a driver sweeper software for complete wipe off of the driver and re install latest version of the video driver bf3 means you have a gpu get the latest graphics driver for your gpu and install, guess that will solve the problem

frankeric

Journeyman
I think bro its not driver issue because if it was driver issue than atleast windows will boot with shattered colors.

gameranand

Living to Play
Don't worry its a minor issue. Boot through safe mode and restore to a previous state or repair using windows disk if nothing works then backup your data and re install the OS. :p

Don't worry its a minor issue. Boot through safe mode and restore to a previous state or repair using windows disk if nothing works then backup your data and re install the OS. :p

Top Bottom