screen going all white and snowy!!! urgent plzz

ani619

Broken In
i have an HP PAVILLION DV6703TX core2duo 1.67Ghz with 2 gigs of RAM and 150 GB HDD.
i while ago my screen started to freeze(ONLY THE SCREEN) but the laptop fuctioned well with external monitor on. the screen seemed to freeze and then slowly washout begining from the right bottom end. and then would return to normal after moving the screen a few degrees.
now the problem has become moresever as earlier it stuck at only a few places, now it gets stuck at almost every point. and i have to hold the screen to get a fluid view.

can anyone tell me what is it, a faulty screen or a fault in motherboard. ihave NVIDIA GT840M graphics card(256MB) accompanied by the latest drivers from nvidia.

i really need to know the problem as the local service men and giving me headaches saying a different problem every different person!!!

dsmarty

Journeyman
How old is it? Is it still under warranty?
Is so, take it to nearest HP service center. Local computer service men always try to cover up the real problem so that they can make some extra bucks.

OP
A

ani619

Broken In
no, i dont have any warranty.
i am not wanting to go for HP service centre as i fear it may be out of my budget, if nto, plz correct me.
also, it is almost 4 yrs old. i personally think it is a mother board glich or connection problems as the screen "works " as some points if the screen would have been damaged it shouldn't have worked at all , right?
btw, the local service man said i will need to change the whole damn screen and told me it would cost a whooping 5-6k.
damn, if it takes that must i will not be able to get my seagate exT. HDD
:(

PLZ SUGGEST SOMETHING MORE VIABLE

Top Bottom