Screen appearing stretched! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuclear_fusion

Right off the assembly line
I have a Lenovo Laptop (N-Series : 3000 N100) & am facing a weird problem. My screen supports 1280x768 resolution. Everything was fine uptil recently when one day, as I switched on my lappy, my Windows XP (SP3) started showing that a new hardware was found (Digital Flat Panel) & installed it well, though it was already installed earlier. Then everything was fine again. But as soon as I restarted my lappy, the screen started to appear stretched! :confused:
Then i had to select the "Centre Destop" option from my Intel Graphics Media Acceletator Video Driver. And this, although made the screen appear fine & not stretched, but it has made the screen resolution smaller ( 1024x768 ) instead of the full screen size of 1200x768 & a black border has started appearing on both the sides of the screen. I tried changing the resolution from the Right Click->Properties but its has only 2 options - 800x600 & 1024x768.
Please tell me what should I do!
Thanks! :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Reinstall your drivers. My guess is a graphics driver update from microsoft was installed automatically, and that performs worse than the one you had before.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
yes this is definately a display driver issue, i faced this on my LCD screen and after an update to the latest driver it got solved,

BUT, please once u hv d/.loaded the latest driver for ur display/gpu, UNINSTALL the previous version COMPLETELY and then do a fresh install, following this will surely solve ur problem.. :)

DONT jus install it OVER the previous driver (even though the drivers claim tat they will be over written and replaced)... :)
--------------

Cheers n e-peace..

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
download the new drivers from official website and try...and also try to uninstall Digital Flat Panel

OP
N

nuclear_fusion

I tried doing everything.. uninstalled the old drivers & reinstalled the new ones.. didnt work.. uninstalled the digital flat panel.. n it reinstalled itself upon the next windows restart.. but nothing worked.. :(

n 1 more thing i've noticed, in the device manager, it sayd "Digital Flat Panel ( 1024x768 )" and not only "Digital Flat Panel". Does this mean my panel supports only 1024x768 max?! But then how come i was able to set a resolution of 1200x768 innit?!

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
while booting windows XP SP3, is the WINDOWS LOGO or any laptop brand logo appearing stretched.. if it is not then there must be prob.. with OS..

and also check is BIOS looking stretched...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have a Lenovo Laptop (N-Series : 3000 N100) & am facing a weird problem. My screen supports 1280x768 resolution. Everything was fine uptil recently when one day, as I switched on my lappy, my Windows XP (SP3) started showing that a new hardware was found (Digital Flat Panel) & installed it well, though it was already installed earlier. Then everything was fine again. But as soon as I restarted my lappy, the screen started to appear stretched! :confused:
Then i had to select the "Centre Destop" option from my Intel Graphics Media Acceletator Video Driver. And this, although made the screen appear fine & not stretched, but it has made the screen resolution smaller ( 1024x768 ) instead of the full screen size of 1200x768 & a black border has started appearing on both the sides of the screen. I tried changing the resolution from the Right Click->Properties but its has only 2 options - 800x600 & 1024x768.
Please tell me what should I do!
Thanks! :)

Try 2 roll back the drivers...& install an application 'The Ultimate Troubleshooter' & let the software troubleshoot the problem..:D

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I faced a problem with the latest audio drivers for my motherboard. I could get the audio output but the drivers BSODed a lot, conflicting with a file-hiding software i use. I tried a lot of things, rolling back, reinstalling old drivers, reinstalling all motherboard drivers, reinstalling windows on top of present windows, but none helped. I did a clean install of xp, and disabled the new drivers in windows update, and im pretty good :) you might want to try a clean install. takes 30 mins for OS and 30 more for important software.

OP
N

nuclear_fusion

@varad - The windows logo at bootup and the BIOS screens are appearing perfectly fine!

@karanth85
- Where can i find 'the ultimate troubleshooter'? Can u plz give a link? Thanks!

@dheeraj - I really dun want to reinstall everything again! Earlier also i faced the same problem with the screen. The only difference being that the last time, the screen would get back to normal by itself on the next restart or so. But again, it wud get stretched! So i did a clean install of windows again and the problem vanished!
& now again, the same problem except the screen getting back to normal itself on the next restart part!

Any other solution/tips/advice/suggestion guys?! Really need it.. Otherwise reinstalling windows is the last resort.. which im not willing to do again!

Thanks a ton!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

if this problem is appearing again and again (even after a fresh install of the OS), then i think the display drivers of ur lappy are bad !! :(

hv u contacted the customer/tech support ?? plz do tat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom