Scratch Open Frame Case Build

rakesh_sharma23

In the zone
Scratch Open Frame Case Build

Hello to all

Time for another case build. It has been more than a year passed; I made my last Scratch case build the Home Media Server (Small Square).

Home Media Server (Small Square)

Since then was busy in other stuff. But now with launch of the Intel’s new Processor SKYLAKE and personally reviewing one, I feel this is the best time for a new build.

Already having few PC builds, I am thinking for making a small size case.. no not ITX.. mATX form factor this time. Something different this time.. after many thoughts I have decided to make a mATX Open Frame case..

Inspiration of the build in IN-WIN D-frame Mini.. It’s an ITX form factor case .
*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/001.jpg

Build Log

Basic idea and layout will be as following..
*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/002.jpg

*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/003.jpg

Instead of making frame from steel pipes, I will be using light weight and hard PVC pipes plastic welded together to form base frame structure.

Testing of PVC joints.

*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/004.jpg

After two days of effort base frame is ready.

*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/005.jpg

*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/006.jpg

*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/007.jpg

Frame is rigid and strong, but will be sending for plastic welding by this week end.

Thanks for watching … stay tuned for more updates.

- - - Updated - - -

Frame came back after plastic welding. Done a drop test from 1st floor..and frame is super rigid.

*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/008.jpg

Chetan1991

Youngling
Why wouldn't you use metal? Wouldn't a metal frame be far more stronger and able to stand high temp.s etc? Something made out of aluminium wouldn't be that heavy.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Im assuming, cutting and molding metal would have taken much longer, PVC is very easy to work with, especially for angular joints

OP
rakesh_sharma23

rakesh_sharma23

In the zone
*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/009.jpg

First RED primer applied to all joints,, ones dried will be sanding , filling and re-applying primer...

*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/010.jpg
*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/011.jpg
*www.pctekindia.com/Modding/Frame/012.jpg

Top Bottom