[Scratch Build] Phase Changer RIG.

sukesh1090

Adam young
when it goes to vapor state the fan will cool it and comes back to liquid state.in water cooler water is used and system will release more than 100C heat which can easily boil water.i have seen my pentium dual core processor going up to 110C.but in normal air cooler heat pipes usually alcohol is used which has very less BP.even the body temp can evaporate it.correct if i am wrong.
according to my understanding it will be good to use a liquid which has relatively high boiling point because it will absorb more heat from the system to go in to gaseous state.

OP
rakesh_sharma23

rakesh_sharma23

In the zone
No no.. it's not like this..
Here liquid is not water..
A gas is compressed on high pressure till it changes it's state to liquid then it goes to the evaporator and there phase change happens and temperature can go way below 0 degree ( -27 to -100 depends on type of gas , quantity and pressure), in this process of phase change gas gets heated up.. so this gas now passes through a heat exchanger or better called a condenser , when it cools to normal temperature this gas again goes back to the compressor.. and this cycle goes on..till you turn off the compressor.

Small update.

A controller or junction board to power fans, LEDs, power relays, etc is ready.

*img703.imageshack.us/img703/335/18567770.jpg

*img193.imageshack.us/img193/7898/38877233.jpg

sukesh1090

Adam young
thank you sir.i got it.here compressed gas needs energy to go back to its original state so it absorbs the heat energy, cooling the system.

OP
rakesh_sharma23

rakesh_sharma23

In the zone
Thanks to Rex Liang from KINGSTON, for supporting my PC build.

*img3.imageshack.us/img3/5791/img1134gh.jpg

*img200.imageshack.us/img200/6567/img1135l.jpg

*img707.imageshack.us/img707/9370/img1136re.jpg

OP
rakesh_sharma23

rakesh_sharma23

In the zone
Sunday update:

Worked late night and finished all major holes creating work on the case and PSU holder plate also done.
Now in morning testing all fittings.

First some good Black M4 5/6 Screws for fan and Phase changer Controller installed ..

*i54.tinypic.com/33atqpd.jpg

*i53.tinypic.com/30lnrz9.jpg

*i56.tinypic.com/23s9b1c.jpg

*i56.tinypic.com/vg4ysh.jpg

*i55.tinypic.com/2rpei55.jpg

*i55.tinypic.com/whl5w3.jpg

*i56.tinypic.com/166hrm0.jpg

*i52.tinypic.com/30rl449.jpg

*i54.tinypic.com/35bxhlg.jpg

The Phase changer controller can be programmed for ten preset settings.
I have set three settings.
One for max oc.. maintain lowest possible temperature.
Second -2 degree for normal OC
And finally 6 degree for normal working.
It will control the compressor and the condenser fan according to preset setting.

*i54.tinypic.com/2hq9yxz.jpg

Now here comes my bad luck in action.
Controller is working fine . I have programmed it to start my test PSU at 40 degree C , which in turn start all four 140 fans.. cool..
But everything not went like this .
First mistake I selected same single color wires for all AC test wiring. (One must take different color wire for AC , line neural and earth ) then somehow I connected the main AC wires to the controller in such a way that it created a shot circuit better say a big blast and a black out in the house , as soon as I increased the temperature on the sense to 40 degree.
I have killed my brand new controller… Don’t have words to shout on myself
Even after two hours, one can sense a PCB burning type smell in whole house.

*i51.tinypic.com/1zz2gs5.jpg

*i52.tinypic.com/250v8fo.jpg

*i55.tinypic.com/4zubs.jpg

Very bad Sunday .. Anyhow tried some cable sleeve one few old Fans.. first time sleeve so please don’t mind it.

*i53.tinypic.com/2rzunx3.jpg

Rakesh Sharma

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
do not get disheartened. it is likely that hindrances will come in your way of attaining the ultimate. So just ignore your failures and step ahead. The whole of DIGITIANS ARE WITH YOU. After all it is your battle and you have to win this.

HE who digests the ANGER within himself rather than bursting them out is a man of GREAT PATIENCE

ps: pls use a spoiler for your pics.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You're a true techie, and techie's must not get disheartened by such small things. Plus you're not only a simple techie, rather hell of a techie :p Nice work progress sir, I'm still wondering from the first day of your thread that how'd the final system look like? :|

PS- From where did u get that temp monitor? Does it shows just CPU's temp or all temps? Can i install one in mine? :-?

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
sir u rock ..........i think i shud consider u as my mentor........u are the best......looking forward to the finished cabby.....

Top Bottom