Scooter for my wife and dad

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi friends,

My dad recently had an accident while riding our old Kinetic Honda. This scooter is more than 10 year old, heavy, difficult to ride. I'm planning to replace this scooter with a new one.

I ride a car myself, and hence am not much aware of the various 2-wheelers available in the market right now. Here are some of the requirements I have in my mind:

1) Gearless, light-weight, easy to ride
2) Balancing should be easy
3) Liked Scooty Streak since it looks too light-weight and easy to ride. But it looks to feminine in my opinion. And I would feel awkward taking it out nearby. What is your guys take on it?
4) Quick delivery time. IMO there is no point in waiting for 6-8 months for a 2-wheeler. I heard the waiting time for Honda Activa is too high.

Vehicles I have read reviews about:
1) Honda Activa: Proven performer, but heavy. My neighbor who uses it says he feels it heavy. May not be suitable for my dad and wife.
2) TVS Wego: Excellent reviews, supposed to be light-weight and easy to balance. Currently the top pick in my mind right now.
3) Scooty Streak: Matches all the requirements, but looks too feminine.
4) Suzuki Access: Heaviest of the lot, but with excellent power.

Please suggest the right vehicle friends.

Cheers,
webgenius

shreymittal

Being Human
Go for Tvs Wego

I'm current Acitva Owner
Worst suspension, FE, Headlight, price : power ratio of the lot
Hence NO

.jRay.

Youngling
TVS WEGO or Honda Dio, both are good IMO, currently own a wego, Dio is light due to fibre body

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Looking at the responses, the follwoing vehicles stand out:
1) TVS Wego
2) Honda Dio
3) Yamaha Ray Z

Please suggest guys

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Just had a look at the rear seat of Wego. It is in a raised position. What kind of design is this? I guess whoever sits at the back will struggle to get on and off the seat.
Anyone faced similar problems with the seat?

OP
webgenius

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
TD Swish yesterday. Didn't like it even a bit. It's a bit bulky and noisy. Couldn't TD any TVS vehicle since the showroom was closed today. Will TD Wego next weekend.

Top Bottom