Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
If ur asking a querry,then this must be in the QnA section.

Asuming that u mean scandisk by meaning scanning....

Go to Start->Run
type chkdsk
or
1.Right Click on the drive in My Computer & select Properties
2.Click on the Tools tab & under error checking,click check now.Scan disk can be run only next time when u restart ur computer.

bharat_r

In the zone
for System restore & Defragmenting

Go to Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools

u'll find them there.

rajas

In the zone
Screen by Screen System Restore
Use System Restore to Undo Changes if Problems Occur

How to Defragment Your Disk Drive Volumes in Windows XP

anomit

In the zone
In Win Xp, no scandisk is present. You can use chkdsk as bharat suggested along with the /F parameter to fix problems with the drive

Charley

Just Do It
anomit said:
In Win Xp, no scandisk is present.

Q. Where does one find the equivalent of the Windows 9x/Me scandisk in Windows XP?

A. Well, it's not in Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools... Here are some ways to find it from the most complex to the easiest:

This one took some real thought over at the Microsoft campus on how to make things simple... Start, Control Panel, Performance and Maintenance, Administrative Tools, Computer Management, Disk Management, Storage, right-click the Volume, Tools, Options, Check Now button, Select Options, Start.

Start, All Programs, Accessories, Windows Explorer (right where it is really handy!), Expand My computer, right-click the drive, Properties, Tools, Check Now..., Select Options, Start.

Start, right-click My Computer, Manage, Storage, Disk Management, right-click the Volume, Properties, Tools, Check Now..., Select Options, Start.

Double-click My computer on the Desktop (or Start, My Computer), select drive, File, Properties, Tools, Check Now..., Select Options, Start.

My Computer, right-click the drive, Properties, Tools, Check Now..., Select Options, Start.

You may be prompted to restart Windows before it will run.

Cheers....

ashisharya

In the zone
for disk defragment go to

start>All Programs>Accessories>SYstem Tools> Disk Defragment

Scan Disk
go to My Computer then right click on c or d drive whichever u have then click in tools then on Check Now.

Charley

Just Do It
ashisharya said:
for disk defragment go to

start>All Programs>Accessories>SYstem Tools> Disk Defragment

Scan Disk
go to My Computer then right click on c or d drive whichever u have then click in tools then on Check Now.

Is this on Win XP ??? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom