SATA Optical Drives ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

varun_ag

Broken In
Are there any SATA Optical drives ( CD-ROMS , CD Writers , DVDROMS , DVD Writers etc.) in the market ??

I want to connect my cd writer and DVD rom to my system . But don't have any PATA interface available on my motherboard.

If there are no SATA optical drives out then how are other people managing as new motherboards have are slowly having less & less number of PATA connectors.

Are there any SATA to PATA or PCT to PATA adaptors available ??
:roll:

[quote="varun_ag"
I want to connect my cd writer and DVD rom to my system . But don't have any PATA interface available on my motherboard.
[/quote]

Didn't you know before buying the board?

godzi_85

In the zone
well there is one plextor sata dvd writer.. but review`s have stated that it has a lot of problems.... so you stay away from em.... plus the dvd writer isn`t available in india either..

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
SATA optical drives have started comming in the market and adaptors are also available. But i would suggest that you stay away from the adaptors as the speed advantage is lost by use of the adaptors.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
most probably he is using intel 925 x series mobo.they dont support ddr only ddr2,no pata...only sata and costs a lot of money

OP
V

varun_ag

Broken In
I have D915GAV board with only one PATA interface and 4 SATA interface. I have connected a PATA hard disk and a CD writer to PATA interface. But now I want to add another optical drive. BTW I am having 7 optical drives purched over a period of time and now I want them to use them in new computer.
How could I do this . Please help.

Any talked of adapters What are these ?? SATA to PATA ??
What is the cost ??

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
varun_ag said:
BTW I am having 7 optical drives purched over a period of time and now I want them to use them in new computer.
How could I do this . Please help.

:shock: :shock: :shock: u wanna use 7 optical drives on a single PC ???
then why the hell companies came with combo drives...!!!!

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
No problems buy a rocket raid sata adaptor card it gives you 16 sata ports with IDE converters. The card will sit in a pci slot and you can connect all your drives to it.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
pradeep_chauhan said:
No problems buy a rocket raid sata adaptor card it gives you 16 sata ports with IDE converters. The card will sit in a pci slot and you can connect all your drives to it.

approx price ????
though after connecting all devices the inside of pc will be a nice messy congested place!!!

quad master

In the zone
@pradeep_chauhan

rocket raid sata adaptor card - where can i get it here in Mumbai and for
how much.

And How is the performance of that Raid Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom