SATA cables

user28

Journeyman
Can any one suggest me any good SATA cables? Open to buying online. Most of the cables are cheap cables and in the local market they are available as low as 25 rupees per cable. They died in 6 months twice. The cables that came with the motherboard served me for 3 years before they died and now i need to change the SATA cables. A quick online search also did not help as most of them are unbranded ones.

Came across this one
Storite 2.5 sata USB Enclosure I USB Cables I Computer Accessorie

But not sure how far they are reliable. The cheap cables i used caused a lot of headache for me as they failed or created lot of controller errors in the event log and made my pc crash. So I am hesitant to buy unbranded ones again.

Can someone suggest a good SATA cable please.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Can any one suggest me any good SATA cables? Open to buying online. Most of the cables are cheap cables and in the local market they are available as low as 25 rupees per cable. They died in 6 months twice. The cables that came with the motherboard served me for 3 years before they died and now i need to change the SATA cables. A quick online search also did not help as most of them are unbranded ones.

Came across this one
Storite 2.5 sata USB Enclosure I USB Cables I Computer Accessorie

But not sure how far they are reliable. The cheap cables i used caused a lot of headache for me as they failed or created lot of controller errors in the event log and made my pc crash. So I am hesitant to buy unbranded ones again.

Can someone suggest a good SATA cable please.

on ebay.in you get those company GIGABYTE mobo sata cables and they are really very high quality, but make sure that you get a sealed pack which is straight off from a new motherboard box :)

I have 5xgigayte mobo's so, have 10 gigabyte sata cables and they are SATA 3 spec. comes in Blue color / Black color, never failed, highly reliable.

100 Brand NEW 2 PCS High Quality Original Gigabyte Sata 2 0 3 0 Cable | eBay

normal Red cables sold at local pc shops are Chinese ones and do not deliver full speed or increase the CRC error Count on the HDD S.M.A.R.T. log.
Check this by installing speedfan(Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer) and then under HDD, do a in-depth online test you get all the parameters which you need to look for a failing hdd

OP
U

user28

Journeyman
on ebay.in you get those company GIGABYTE mobo sata cables and they are really very high quality, but make sure that you get a sealed pack which is straight off from a new motherboard box :)

I have 5xgigayte mobo's so, have 10 gigabyte sata cables and they are SATA 3 spec. comes in Blue color / Black color, never failed, highly reliable.

100 Brand NEW 2 PCS High Quality Original Gigabyte Sata 2 0 3 0 Cable | eBay

normal Red cables sold at local pc shops are Chinese ones and do not deliver full speed or increase the CRC error Count on the HDD S.M.A.R.T. log.
Check this by installing speedfan(Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer) and then under HDD, do a in-depth online test you get all the parameters which you need to look for a failing hdd

Thank you. But how do i know the cables are Sata 2 spec or Sata 3 spec ? The ebay seller says Sata 3 optional in the product description

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Thank you. But how do i know the cables are Sata 2 spec or Sata 3 spec ? The ebay seller says Sata 3 optional in the product description

SATA 3Gb/s vs. 6Gb/s Cable Performance (Revisited) - Puget Custom Computers

call him and ask. but nothing can beat a genuine OEM sata cable.

storite - chineese rebranding?

Top Bottom