Sapphire hd 7970 issues

rock2702

Padawan
I had ordered sapphire 7970 dual x oc version from MD Computers,Kolkata 5 days back.I got my card today but found out that it was sapphire 7970 dual x non oc version. :( The oc version is listed at Rs 32.5 on flipkart and MDcomputers.in,i paid Rs 30.2k for this card.Called up the shop and told him about the issue,he said the oc version no longer sells and this is what they sell.I want to know that is there any difference between the 2 models except clock speeds?Can i overclock this card myself?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can sure OC yourself. Use Sapphire Trixx or MSI Afterburner.

You can sure OC yourself. Use Sapphire Trixx or MSI Afterburner.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both are different software. Start with Trixx, easy as pie.

And as always, start with incremental increases, checking for stability & artifacts till you hit the sweet spot. First OC the core, then memory.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well as for difference, yes there are differences. OC version has a better cooler and has more overclocking headroom because of that. :)

OP
R

rock2702

Padawan
Both of them have the same dual x cooler,same cooling solution,only the oc version is costlier because of the slight overclock and i think 25mhz overclock on the core and 50mhz on the memory isnt worth it when i am going to overclock the card myself anyway.:)

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
A binned chip probably, but really don't need to worry IMO. 2k is a good saving.

OP
R

rock2702

Padawan
Thanks for the reply Skud.One thing i noticed that my non oc card also has the same dual bios switch as on the oc version i.e i mean to say that the oc version has 2 bios having 950/1425 and 1000/1475 frequency respectively.So if i flash the bios of the oc version on my card,will i be able to switch between 2 different bioses.After all what is that damn switch given for on my card?

And as far as the saving goes the oc version is now 34.5k on flipkart,so its 4k now. :rolleyes:

Btw i got deus x human revolution,dirt showdown and nexiusz(something similar) games steam codes free with the card.How do i use them?

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Check sapphire's website or the manual. I am not very sure, but you must have a dual BIOS card.

Top Bottom