Sapphire 7770_PSU Doubt

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Hi guys
My friend is purchasing Sapphire 7770 Ghz edition.
His system has stock Power Supply 450 Watts. Powercone or something.
His doubt is whether psu has the pin that 7770 connects for extra power.? Molex to 6 pin connector..?
Does every PSU has this cable..?

Sorry " _NooB_ "

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
mostly it will be a local desi psu and not recommended for a config with such gpus. better get a good psu like antec vp450p or seasonic ss400bt.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
mostly it will be a local desi psu and not recommended for a config with such gpus. better get a good psu like antec vp450p or seasonic ss400bt.

I said that to him. But he saying that only high end cards that are above 10k needs these types of branded psu's. Rest his fate.

Does every psu's have that connector in it..?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
that depends on the psu. i can't really comment. if you know the model number of the psu, then you can search the spec from official website.
as you said, rest is his fate. it will work as long as it works. try to convince him. show this thread to him *www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html and ask him to read each and every line patiently.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
that depends on the psu. i can't really comment. if you know the model number of the psu, then you can search the spec from official website.
as you said, rest is his fate. it will work as long as it works. try to convince him. show this thread to him *www.digit.in/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html and ask him to read each and every line patiently.

:) Thanks bro. Will do.

Top Bottom