Sandy Bridge's Rival From AMD

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Hello everyone! I'm planning to buy a new computer with Intel Core i5 2400 Sandy Bridge Processor at its heart. My brother suggested me to look out for alternatives from AMD. So I'm here to sought help.
Which do you think is the processor from AMD which can match the performance of Core i5 2400. Also is there any Fusion APU slated to launch before June as a rival to Sandy Bridge?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
currently: none. even when overclocked they can't get close.

after ~4months there will be mainstream fusion that will offer competitive performance at cheaper rate. if you can wait, good. if you can't, get i5 2400.

rchi84

In the zone
Hi there

Bulldozer CPUs from AMD are positioned to take on the sandys, from what I've read so far.

From the current lineup, AMD has no CPU that can match the i5 2400, in gaming terms.

Now, if you are someone who uses audio video editing, or 3D design software that can make use of multi-cores, then the phenom x6 series would be good for you.

But, apart from a few cases, most of the software today cannot push quad cores to their limit. in these cases, the Phenom series falls way behind the Sandy Bridges in terms of performance.

AMD can only be chosen in the low end segment (think Athlon series). from mid to high range, It's all intel for now.

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Hi there

Bulldozer CPUs from AMD are positioned to take on the sandys, from what I've read so far.

From the current lineup, AMD has no CPU that can match the i5 2400, in gaming terms.

Now, if you are someone who uses audio video editing, or 3D design software that can make use of multi-cores, then the phenom x6 series would be good for you.

But, apart from a few cases, most of the software today cannot push quad cores to their limit. in these cases, the Phenom series falls way behind the Sandy Bridges in terms of performance.

AMD can only be chosen in the low end segment (think Athlon series). from mid to high range, It's all intel for now.

By the way, when are these Bulldozers launching, and are there any speculations on their pricing?

rajan1311

Padawan
should launch in June IIRC....speculated price : $999 for the top dawg FX chip ;)

anyways, there should be quad core and hexa core variants too, so dont worry about the prices...

Top Bottom