Samsung trying to acquire AMD?!

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
A fresh report from South Korea has just surfaced with claims that Samsung will allegedly attempt an AMD buyout to compete with Intel. The report claims that the Korean giant will attempt to acquire AMD and merge it with one of its subsidiaries.

Read more: Samsung To Allegedly Acquire AMD To Compete With Intel And Qualcomm Head On

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Holy Sh!t................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't know whether this acquisiton will be fruitful for us the consumers and where will it lead to ultimately..................?????????????

Flash

Lost in speed
Samsung trying to acquire AMD?

*media.topito.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/it-crowd-denholm-s-suicide-o.gif

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Holy Sh!t................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't know whether this acquisiton will be fruitful for us the consumers and where will it lead to ultimately..................?????????????

this could lead to -> good bye exynos, you will not be missed

Genius-jatt

Broken In
But why ? I think Samsung can produced there own CPU & make some tough competition. World need some low price CPU.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Good, I hope they will ultimately give Intel some real competition, *******s have been enjoying monopoly nonsense for way too long.

What this has to do with Exynos lineup is beyond me though! That should remain as it is!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
If world sees low cost CPU or GPU that will be a great welcome,but reality shows Samsung has also overpriced its products also,particularly its Galaxy series of mobiles...

kartikoli

Busy!!
I agree this deal would bring a fight but its more likely that low cost CPU's will be history. We like AMD because they are VFM but Samusng was never a low cost solution and always being overpriced

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
I believe this will be good for Samsung, AMD and us. Beware Intel.
There is good respect for Samsung, except for the Samesong galaxies.
AMD is not yet there, bogged down by the weight of Intel and it marketing budgets and shadow deals. This will be a shot in the arm for AMD and also for Samsung, who are trying to make a mark with their exynos. We know already are trying to out ARM chips, so :Fingerx:

$hadow

Geek in making
Samsung has got the highest R&D expenditure every year. And this might be good news for the AMD since sammy can put in a lot of money for development.

OP
sam_738844

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Samsung has got the highest R&D expenditure every year. And this might be good news for the AMD since sammy can put in a lot of money for development.

When a company gets acquired, it undergoes changes akin to star-formation cosmic event. I've been there, business strategies and decisions change so drastically and fast that its almost beyond all speculative scope. We can never predict what Samsung would do with AMD. They can also chuck the whole CPU operations and administer a total overhaul.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If world sees low cost CPU or GPU that will be a great welcome,but reality shows Samsung has also overpriced its products also,particularly its Galaxy series of mobiles...
Mate stop reading those low life junks' comments. As I asked somewhere else show me a recently launched mobile phone which's price isn't outrageous!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
If Samsung were to take over AMD, we can only hope that they let the Desktop CPU division remain so that Intel does not get a monopoly in the market.

Top Bottom