Samsung NP355V5C-S03IN vs Samsung NP300V5A-S0GIN

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Hey guys, i noticed one thing. My display drivers are not getting updated with the above AMD Catalyst.
When i install this catalyst, it gives me a success message, I check the log and it says everything is updated and after i click the finish button, am prompted to do a system restart.
I complete all of this, Then again run the installer (As it checks for system config and drivers before installing) and it shows that the display driver is not updated. I cant understand what is happening..Any solution guys?

Another thing, Does driver updation work this way - Right click My computer-properties-Device Manager-display adapters-Select graphic card and open it-go to drivers page-update drivers using automatic online sources.

Thanks..

duke123

In the zone
^^if you try to reinstall same drivers again and again it wont get updated:-D..try to update when 12.11 is released...

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Ok i just checked, The dual graphics is updated to the latest display driver but the discrete graphic card continues to be the version it came with my laptop.
Neways when is 12.11 expected?

Ashokkumar01cbe

Broken In
i think for playing games and for watching HD movies ,you may go for these 2 Laptops
HP PAVILION G6 2016txHP Pavilion G6-2016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook which is also having 1gb dedicated graphics card,or you may go for this lap
HP PAVILION G6 2103tuHP Pavilion G6-2103TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook... which is the best for you..

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Hey Guys is there any way to run games just on the discrete graphics card (7670m)?
If yes, kindly guide me how. As in the AMD Vision centre, i get option of only enabling dual graphics (cross-fire) or the inbuilt graphics (7640g)

Thanks..

12.11 is l already released its still in BETA stage..but you wont get any noticeable improvement...

Yeah i saw the beta, but can we expect improvements when an official stable version is released?

duke123

In the zone
Hey Guys is there any way to run games just on the discrete graphics card (7670m)?
If yes, kindly guide me how. As in the AMD Vision centre, i get option of only enabling dual graphics (cross-fire) or the inbuilt graphics (7640g)

Thanks..

Yeah i saw the beta, but can we expect improvements when an official stable version is released?

yes
1)go to AMD vision control center disable crossfire
2) right click at desktop and select configure switchable graphics ...select game /application and select high performance mode...

dont expect any major improvements..the drivers are expected to improve performance for 7700,7800,7900 series..

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
yes
1)go to AMD vision control center disable crossfire
2) right click at desktop and select configure switchable graphics ...select game /application and select high performance mode...

dont expect any major improvements..the drivers are expected to improve performance for 7700,7800,7900 series..

Dude, I thought of the same thing and did it and you wont believe it.. The performance improved drastically. It was like land and sea. Cross fire sucks man..
With cross fire on, in games i could only go at 1280*768 with low settings to get smooth gameplay.

With cross fire off and high performance, on the same games i can go to the max resolution 1366*768 with combination of ultra to med settings ;)

Also which drivers are you talking of? what is the latest available drivers for 7600 series?

duke123

In the zone
which game you played..?.crossfire is still under development...with updates you can get crossfire performance close to 7670m..atleast i can run all games i tried in both modes(except battlefield 3)..

latest drivers are 12.11 beta..but they are conc on 7700,7800,7900 series..i am hoping 7670M also get enduro support...

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
which game you played..?.crossfire is still under development...with updates you can get crossfire performance close to 7670m..atleast i can run all games i tried in both modes(except battlefield 3)..

latest drivers are 12.11 beta..but they are conc on 7700,7800,7900 series..i am hoping 7670M also get enduro support...

Mate the games i tried are:

1. Crysis 2
2. Battlefield 3
3. Dishonoured
4. NFS Most wanted 2
5. Fifa 13
6. PES 13

With cross fire on, was struggling to get decent performance on these games.
But with just using 7670m, Am able to play these at the max resolution with a combination of max to medium settings.

I can only hope cross-fire in future can help boost performance further ;) Thats one reason i went for this lappy..

Also 12.10 does support 7670m right? And as it is the official driver (and not beta) I consider that to be the latest driver.
But the thing is, After installing this, when i check my drivers, For the 7640g+7670m combi, the display driver show the driver that comes with this catalyst.
But the 7670m individually is still at the driver version from when i got my lappy. Dont know how to update its display driver to the latest version.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
try CAP (Catalyst Application Profile). should fix the performance. Moreover XFire only works on DX11 games so no wonder the performance was bad in some games.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
try CAP (Catalyst Application Profile). should fix the performance. Moreover XFire only works on DX11 games so no wonder the performance was bad in some games.

Even on DX11 Titles like crysis 2 and BF 3, The performance was crap on crossfire. Can't wait for improvements. Things can only get better :)
Will try this CAP and post back.

CAP did not work buddy. No improvement on cross-fire. Am better off with just the 7670m. It does the job :)

arun181818

Right off the assembly line
I just bought the same laptop. Can you just check out the processor speed using cpu z? Mine is showing 1400 MHz!!! proc speed.jpg

drsamratroy

Broken In
dude post sum reviews of ur laptop...thinking of buying it...howz the battery life??...post sum pics if u can plz...it l help...

Top Bottom