Samsung NP355V5C-S03IN vs Samsung NP300V5A-S0GIN

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Hi guys,

Am planning on getting myself a new laptop this diwali.

Samsung NP355V5C-S03IN Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 750GB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

vs

Samsung NP300V5A-S0GIN 2nd gen Ci5/4GB/1TB/1GB graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

My budget is Max 40k.

I need a laptop mainly for watching 1080p HD Movies, surfing the net and playing the occasional game (NFS, FIFA, PES) with decent performance. I own a ps3 for my high end gaming needs ;)

I will be connecting the laptop to my 40' HD TV.

Also i am looking at good battery life.

So i have narrowed it down between these 2 rigs. So which one in your opinion is better considering my needs? Or if you think there is a better rig that i may have missed, kindly suggest that.

Thanks and Regards,
Karan

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Hey guys pls assist. Diwali is nearing.
Also regarding my budget, I don't want to over shoot that budget.
The lower i can spend but also meet all my needs, is what i am looking for.
So currently am leaning towards the Samsung NP355V5C-S03IN.

p!e

Broken In
For < 40k budget. Check the Asus K53 sm Core i5 version. You can get it for around 39k locally. It has a better graphics as compared to the one listed above.

Asus K53SM-SX010D Laptop (2nd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph): Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Thanks for the suggestion, but that comes with DOS OS. Meaning i will have to spend additional on an OS. Where as Samsung one comes equipped with an Win 7 64 bit HP.

Also i have heard that A8 is in between I5 2nd Gen and I5 3rd Gen. So makes little sense to switch to I5 2nd Gen.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't pay 35k+ for AMD A8. Get HP G6 2005AX for 32-33k instead where the real value lies. No, A8 performs more like 2nd/3rd gen Core i3 and not i5.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
don't pay 35k+ for AMD A8. Get HP G6 2005AX for 32-33k instead where the real value lies. No, A8 performs more like 2nd/3rd gen Core i3 and not i5.

You sure bout that? Cause am sure it was i5 ;) There are also video's on youtube showing the New APU processors smoking Intel i series...

Coming back to the point, The reason i selected samsung over the lappy you have mentioned:

1. The samsung lappy is only 2k more expensive
2. 6 GB ram against 4 GB ram
3. 750 gb HDD against 500 GB HDD
4. Windows 7 HP against Win 7 HB
5. Similar Dedicated Graphic Cards
6. Better battery life in samsung ( 6 hrs against 3 hrs)
7. 2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 against 1 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0

So pls tell me, why should i still go for the HP laptop.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Check anandtech review. A8 matches (they reviewed A10) or performs better than i3 but i5 is lot better, mainly cause of clock advantage as well as Turbo Boost (which i3 doesn't have). If price difference is only 2k, then you can check Samsung too but battery life will be more or less the same at 5hr for HP and maybe ~6hr for Samsung.

duke123

In the zone
You sure bout that? Cause am sure it was i5 ;) There are also video's on youtube showing the New APU processors smoking Intel i series...

Coming back to the point, The reason i selected samsung over the lappy you have mentioned:

1. The samsung lappy is only 2k more expensive
2. 6 GB ram against 4 GB ram
3. 750 gb HDD against 500 GB HDD
4. Windows 7 HP against Win 7 HB
5. Similar Dedicated Graphic Cards
6. Better battery life in samsung ( 6 hrs against 3 hrs)
7. 2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 against 1 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0

So pls tell me, why should i still go for the HP laptop.

1)not 2k..infibeam has G6 2005Ax at 31769₹ with backpack
2)ya but no more RAM upgrades ..G6 can be upgraded to 8gb(4GB at 1500₹):-?
4)doesnt matter both gets windows 8 pro at 699₹
6)battery life will be same
7)why do u need 4 USB Ports

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
1)not 2k..infibeam has G6 2005Ax at 31769₹ with backpack
2)ya but no more RAM upgrades ..G6 can be upgraded to 8gb(4GB at 1500₹):-?
4)doesnt matter both gets windows 8 pro at 699₹
6)battery life will be same
7)why do u need 4 USB Ports

1) I just checked infibeam, it aint available at that price.
2) 6 GB should more than suffice :)
3) Windows 8 aint good for gaming, so will stick to 64 bit Win 7 HP.
4) The more the no. of ports, the better right? ;)

duke123

In the zone
1) I just checked infibeam, it aint available at that price.
2) 6 GB should more than suffice :)
3) Windows 8 aint good for gaming, so will stick to 64 bit Win 7 HP.
4) The more the no. of ports, the better right? ;)

its available use coupon GREEN2012 on checkout to get 5% discount
sorry no backpack

better go with Samsung...

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^Very Good and Logical decision for buying the SAMSUNG NP355V5C-S03IN Laptop.:wink::clap2:

Friend,please post pics. and a review of this lappy,after you receive and run it.

I am interested about this lappy...but short of funds at present.:duh2:

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume
Have already placed my order for the samsung lappy ;)

Thanks guys !!!

Did you get the laptop? I also have the same question. whether to go with the HP or samsung. Because sammy has 250GB more HDD, 2GB more RAM with having to replace only 1 module if I need to go 8GB and Win7 HP instead of Basic and the matt finish screen and choice of colours. But the price difference is about 4K-ish. Did you get this from Flipkart?

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
Did you get the laptop? I also have the same question. whether to go with the HP or samsung. Because sammy has 250GB more HDD, 2GB more RAM with having to replace only 1 module if I need to go 8GB and Win7 HP instead of Basic and the matt finish screen and choice of colours. But the price difference is about 4K-ish. Did you get this from Flipkart?

Well i got my lappy last night. Bought it from Flipkart. Have not had much time with it yet, but so far am very happy with it.
Will post more details after having time with it over the weekend.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
congrats. update the AMD Catalyst drivers and try a few games.

How do i do that? Cause i tried updating the drivers from AMD's site, but it said that the driver is incompatible and will not install. Any help? I currently have these drivers installed 8.944.2.1000
The samsung support page shows these as the latest drivers for this laptop. Release date 22/10/2012.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification 12.10. First try with this tool and maybe your driver is already updated so no need to update driver.

and driver should show up as this: AMD CCC. If you can post the temperature finding while playing a few games. Try HWMonitor for checking temperature.

OP
S

ssj4karan

Journeyman
AMD Mobility Radeon Driver Verification 12.10. First try with this tool and maybe your driver is already updated so no need to update driver.

and driver should show up as this: AMD CCC. If you can post the temperature finding while playing a few games. Try HWMonitor for checking temperature.

Dude the link you posted is for the 32 bit version. I used the 64 bit version as mine is windows 7 hp 64 bit. It gave me an incompatibility error.
Am still confused if this 8.944.2.1000 drivers is the latest version.

Top Bottom