Samsung mobiles to kill Apple iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I am watching Cell guru in Ndtv right now and it showed two mobiles from Samsung
1. Omnia
2. Touchwiz
both are touch screen but with
bluetooth + a2dp + usb
and its windows mobile
beat this it has
5 mp cam with autofocus

sushantvirdi

Journeyman
Iphone cannot be killed, no matter what,even though the phone sucks...just like there have been thousand ipod killers but it still rules.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
potential i phone killers would be

1. se xperia x1
2.samsung omnia
3. htc diamont or touch pro
4.nokia s60 touch devices ..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
If you look at the Iphone, the potential buyers are generally common people, who love to flaunt and have no use of the applications made for the phone. If a full touch SE walkman or a Nokia touch device comes in the fray, people will switch to these brands owing to their brand value.Samsung and others dont have such a brand image IMO.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, like some people ask n00bish questions "Tere paas kis company ka iPod hai?"..........some people will also start asking "Tere paas kis company ka iPhone hai?"........:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

iPhone is VFM = Very Flaunting Mobile...........:lol:

Anyways, iPhone lacks many very important features.....And I don't know why the people are crazy like hell about this. Many boys in my class will only buy it to impress girls.....:lol:

And yes, Xperia X1 is the baap of all phones......:D

Offtopic: Prakash, where is your cat??

Last edited:
I Seriously doubt these phones can kill iPhone. iPhone has both excellent hardware and excellent software. To kill it, most of these ppl have brought out great hardware. But how can they even dream that their Symbian or Windows Mobile can beat MacOS ?

Only something like ANDROID can put up a real fight and win. For that you need to wait till next year.

PS: Next year.... AMD 45nm Deneb... Intel Nehalem... DDR3... Android.... could things get any better ?

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ True that. I can only see the Android platform putting up a good fight (and I hope it does, for the sake of development).

As for the HTC phones, have any of you used their touchscreen? One literally has to rub across the screen to move from one pic to another. And the circle-to-zoom gesture doesn't even work half the time.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I am fed up with this iphone killer business. Better manufacturers focus on their products independent of this madness. And NO DON't BUY SAMSUNG as soon as it is released in the market. They take about six months to fix bugs, buy after that. Build quality is not impressive, I had two, C100 and X460. There will always be some bug or some feature missing.

In C100, the phone would go on beeping when an sms was received till the battery went low, in case you did not see it. The only options were to beep (every now and them) or turn message alerts off. Beep once was a feature they decided to introduce in other models, but not to upgrade the firmware of the phone

X460 was another piece of ****. While the above mentioned problem was resolved, a new one cropped up. I could not assign ring tones I downloaded to my phone to various persons or groups, I could only assign the factory provided tones. Downloaded tones could only be assigned as the main ringtone.
Firmware updates??? God only knows.

Think twice before you buy a Samsung phone, I'll probably never buy one again.

I then moved to Nokia 7610 which i enjoyed for two years, and then moved to the HTC touch 4500. BIG MISTAKE. This phone sucks BIG TIME. Should have stuck with Nokia. It's not that I'm a Nokia addict, but this phone is SO SLOW, and it eats the battery like anything. I used to charge my two year old Nokia 7610 once in two days. With the same usage I charge this HTC EVERYDAY. Not to mention that I have to reboot my phone everytime it act's weird.

Think ten times before you buy HTC, I'll probably never buy another again.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
You need something as big as apple, and as noobish a crowd as in America to bring down the Iphone. The americans would rather prefer a shiny metal body than a 5 mp cam with added features and more freedom.
Can you believe it, the W580 by SE is a bestseller there and is available in more than a 100 colors.

D@rekills4

In the zone
LOL Samsung Mobile

I had an Samsung SGH-E730 and I hated it the most
The problem with it is that it that when I press the start button and leave it the mobile shuts down
I have to keep the Start Button holded to keep the mobile on
Once I leave it the mobile turns off
I gave it to the Samsung service center they said it had moisture in the keypad
But instead of repairing they broke a little part of the battery due to which the Battery falls down into my hands:mad:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
But how can they even dream that their Symbian or Windows Mobile can beat MacOS ?

Only something like ANDROID can put up a real fight and win. For that you need to wait till next year.

PS: Next year.... AMD 45nm Deneb... Intel Nehalem... DDR3... Android.... could things get any better ?

wait till MS releases WM7 early nxt yr.it'll just rok.

Pathik

Google Bot
TouchWiz is the UI implementation in Samsung phones. Not exactly a fone. TouchWiz is also used in Omnia. And Touch FLO3D pwns it anyday.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
iphone can be only betten by its own upgraded model.
iphone will rule until nokia doesnt comeup with an better idea which i dont think would be soon enough

its right that only nokia or se can beat iphone
samsung can never beat iphone
they have to improve their lowend phone first :D some mobiles have very basic and troublesome problem like it shutdown automatically and call start anytime accidently

it seems that x1 xperia will kill iphone if se have not repeated it's mistakes with this phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom