Samsung i5801 with 3G Problem

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello Guys,
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 (i5801) with a BSNL 2G SIM card. Couple of days back I sent a SMS to migrate to 3G . After I sent the SMS, my Plan was changed to 3G General. Now comes the real problem, I havent seen a 3G icon yet in my phone. GPRS works fine using APN gprssouth.cellone.in, but when I use bsnlnet APN, the GPRS connection is lost and the phone doesnot detect any other connection. I tried to change the network mode to WCDMA only from dual mode, but this looses the network. I am totally confused. It is Samsung's problem or BSNL's .

BSNL CC confirmed that my SIM card has active 3G, and plan has also be migrated.

Any one faced a similar issue?

Just got off the phone with the CC, he said 3G is working in my SIM :p, But I am still facing the same problem :|.

BTW I was quite surprised with the BSNL CC guy , excellent English and communication skills, he understood what I was complaining about, and he knew what to reply. But still No 3G :p. looks like I have to change the SIM.

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Any help? :)

BTW I replaced the SIM with another one, but still the same problem. X(

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Hey dude,

I have bsnl 3G and everything works fine for me in 5801

Make sure
1)WCDMA and GSM mode is selected
2)In case roaming,Select Data Roaming
3)Apn is bsnlnet and make sure there is no proxy setting

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks for the reply Gopi.

I have check *123# - "Current Plan 3G General...."

1. Network Mode - GSM/WCDMA (auto mode).
2. Yes Data Roaming is enabled.
3. APN - Full list
Name: 3G
APN: bsnlnet
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
User Name: Not Set
Password:Not Set
Server:Not Set
MMSC:Not Set
MMS proxy:Not Set
MMS Port:Not Set
MMC: 404 --> Auto
MNC: 71 --> Auto
Authentication Type: None
APNType: Internet

BTW are you in Bangalore ?

Note: My SIM is a 2G SIM with 3G Plan, the CC wont give me a USIM ..

EDIT: On the contrary, I haven't checked the signal at BSNL itself :p, ill do it on my way today :p, but I guess it will be the same result!.

Nkumar

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys,
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 (i5801) with a BSNL 2G SIM card. Couple of days back I sent a SMS to migrate to 3G . After I sent the SMS, my Plan was changed to 3G General. Now comes the real problem, I havent seen a 3G icon yet in my phone. when I use bsnlnet APN,it doesnot detect any other connection. I tried to change the network mode to WCDMA only from dual mode, but this looses the network. I am totally confused. It is Samsung's problem or BSNL's .

BSNL CC confirmed that my SIM card has active 3G, and plan has also be migrated.

Any one faced a similar issue?

Just got off the phone with the CC, he said 3G is working in my SIM , But I am still facing the same problem .
when i have changed the some other set Nokia or samsung ,seen a 3G icon in phone.But Not In ma phone.Please give anyone solution for this....

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
No Solution? :p Come on guys .. some one should have faced a similar problem .

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
^^ dude me also in banglore and i have bsnl 3g sim working fine..i was using past 2-3 weeks...bsnlnet apn..no prob

though its in roaming(actually its a AP sim)

I think gprs is not activated or some n/w problem..for u

complain @
portal.bsnl.in

Nkumar

Can you send me the 3g settings u have configured in your cell and settings in the mobile...

Thanking you..

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Ok got a new connection from BSNL (FREE) with 200 MB free usage. 3G working fine :D, The CC were really nice to me as I have been visiting their office to get 3G sorted out :p , The speed is good enough, in the test speednet app, getting around 800+ Kbps.
I need to figure out why 3G was not working in my previous SIM, will some how get it sorted from BSNL. Must be some registration issue.

@NKumar: Please check Post #5 for the APN settings. or you can use *210.212.215.170:8080/msp/tpm/html to get the settings. Though site did not have settings for my phone , I used Sony Ericsson x10 Mini's Settings, which works fine.

Next is to get Mobile TV working for Android Phones :D ..

Any one able to Configure Mobile TV for Android?
@gopi_vbboy how about you?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Good :D
Via PC
*www.speedtest.net/result/992771321.png

On Mobile
*www.speedtest.net/android/15777717.png

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LOL I had given a "Very Dissatisfied" response to BSNL support. They called up today and told that they will rectify the issues.

This is what I saw in the CC portal :D

cust calims that he is not geeting 3 network in ***** from past 2 months he is in 3g so he is not able brows and not able do vedio calling please chq and do the needfull

HAHA .. I never told I was not able to browse or video calling .. to do those I need to get a network first :p

Last edited:

Nkumar

Hello all,

Ma 3g problem is rectified by cc guys and 3g speed also good. please check always GPRS is enabled in your sim or not. Anyways,thanks to all for giving Sugeestions:smile:

Now i am planning to activate 3gtv in ma sim .Anyone has activated this option?

akshay12

guys i have the same mobile i am from gurgaon.My problem is whenever i try to connect by these setting it selects edge which hence gives less speed :-x.How to get 3g to work in galaxy 3 works fine on other nokia phone 5230:???: with same sim

Nkumar

Hello ,

Can anyone tried in galaxy 3 installing new themes. After installing the themes how i can activate the themes..

Thank You...

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ you mean Launcher Pro OR ADW Launcher?

Use Home Switcher from market
*img232.imageshack.us/img232/250/chartchtqrchs135x135chl.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Solved! :D

Ok had a lengthy chat with Junior CC Exec. Then Senior CC , he detected the problem correctly, and within one hour he solved it.

Problem: My Plan was changed to 3G, but they forgot to update the Network Service to 3G , it was still in 2G :p.

@Mods: Please close this thread.

*speedtest.net/android/16695931.png

Nkumar

Hello all,

Any one has faced problem with Skype..? I think skype is not supported in Samsung i5801.

Thank you

Top Bottom