Samsung Galaxy

joshiks7

Journeyman
Hi,

My cell phones speaker is not working (ring tone/songs not audible, but can listen when someone calls). Samsung service person says ringer to be changed. But this will lead to DATA LOSS---IS it so? This seems to be hardware problem, then why data loss?

Whats the simplest method to back up my CONTACTS of android (to restore in c/o loss)?

How to back up APPS?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
first of all, changing H/W shouldn't lead to any data loss in any mobile till they change the entire PCB. still you should backup/sync your contacts to google servers. just enable GPRS/WiFi & in the account option select to sync whatever you want to backup but it is limited to only pictures, contacts & calendar i suppose.

for apps, if you are rooted, titanium backup is easy as well as efficient.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hi,

My cell phones speaker is not working (ring tone/songs not audible, but can listen when someone calls). Samsung service person says ringer to be changed. But this will lead to DATA LOSS---IS it so? This seems to be hardware problem, then why data loss?

Whats the simplest method to back up my CONTACTS of android (to restore in c/o loss)?

How to back up APPS?

titanium backup is a great tool to backup everything. btw, did you check Kies? it should have backup/restore functionality.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Kies does have an option to backup and restore the contacts. Just select all the contacts in Kies and export to pc as a .spb file. Later you can import them when you get back your phone. Or you can just sync your contacts with your google account and later sync back with your phone. Or you can use the option to Import/Export in Contacts menu on your phone to export the contacts to your micro sd card and then copy it to you pc to later Import it back to your device.

noob

Cyborg Agent
why do u need backup via KIES ?

Sync contacts and SMS to Gmail.

Use SMS Backup+ for SMS,.

Speaking about apps, you can install it again..no big deal. or use titanium backup

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
giving administrator right to any app. once you are rooted & you try to use app that needs root access, it'll ask permission for root access.

Top Bottom