Samsung Galaxy S5, has Samsung lost the Android plot?

Chainsaw

Team Digit
The Samsung Galaxy S5 recd the least amount of hype, excitement and buzz of all Samsung flagship Android phones. The reasons are pretty clear, the S5 is seen as a catch-up device- evolving over S4 in terms of core hardware with no sign of pure innovation or any bold steps on the design front.

So, what is Samsung thinking? Here is a list of possibilities

1) Focus more on the mid-range segment, that seems to be the next big thing in Android land (Moto G...)

2) Focus on S3 and S4 users, give them the same feel and design in a bid to create easy upgrade path to the S5?

3) How do we beat the Nexus range? They(Nexus range) seem to be slowly expanding their market from pure Android enthusiasts to the mass market of smartphone buyers.

4) Time to consolidate, give yourself some time, get back to the drawing board and work on something truly revolutionary

5) If they call us "Samesung", heck! lets just be that and prove them wrong by numbers!

6) Tizen, we should work on our own OS, F**k Android!

What is Samsung upto, or has it given-up on Android?

Would love to know what you guys think about Samsung and its Android strategy.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Well,Samsung knows the minds of "un-aware" people(i.e most of the Indian buyers) very well,launch anything in the market be it a crap phone(all samsung Indian phones are),Indian's will buy them,Well thats not the case with other markets,where phones like Z2,the new htc one or anyother flagship will fair much better than S5.
Over here,Throw anything Indians will buy them,My friends are going gaga over S5,no matter how many times I told them it's crap...they are inquiring about it saying it will be best phone blah blah.
Here people care about the name "GALAXY S5" more than quality etc,And besides India/China are the largest market for samsung..So it doesn't matter for them,they will juice the sales out of India itself

- - - Updated - - -

So, what is Samsung thinking? Here is a list of possibilities

1) Focus more on the mid-range segment, that seems to be the next big thing in Android land (Moto G...)
I don't seem them doing that,Samsung has already lost the mid range segment thanks to the great mid range line up by Sony and Nokia lumia series last year..And also Micromaxx etc

2) Focus on S3 and S4 users, give them the same feel and design in a bid to create easy upgrade path to the S5?
Might be..No answer for this

3) How do we beat the Nexus range? They(Nexus range) seem to be slowly expanding their market from pure Android enthusiasts to the mass market of smartphone buyers.
Whats nexus?isn't it china maaal? No problem people will buy aree phone.. bigger screen means better

4) Time to consolidate, give yourself some time, get back to the drawing board and work on something truly revolutionary
Yes samsung has to do this.

5) If they call us "Samesung", heck! lets just be that and prove them wrong by numbers!
True and call it innovation

SijuS

Broken In
This year Samsung should have put some serious thoughts in for the S5 as the competition this year is gonna be serious. Z2, the new One, iPhone 6, G3 and the Nexus devices have all upped their game (Z2 is already out and we pretty much have a good idea about the One as well). 2014, Samsung should have really done something "innovative" or something different to catch the attention. If they think they can rely on marketing alone then its gonna be tough for them soon!

On the other hand I believe that they may just come out with a new edition of the S5 (S5 prime as the rumors suggests probably?) somewhere after the launch of HTC One. I dont know, probably thats the only thing that can get them some attention, and Note 4 ofcourse.

Top Bottom