Samsung Galaxy s3 Or Samsung Note 2

him406

Broken In
Guys I know there was a similar thread for the same but as I thought my requirement was a bit different, decided to start this thread.

I have zeroed down to S3 and note 2 and went to the Samsung store to check them personally..

As I am planning to buy one of them before the year end therefore wanted to check both the pieces from all direction..

I put both of them on my jeans.. (both were coming easily though S3 was much easy to put but then Note 2 was no problem either).. I also sit for sometime with the phone in the Jeans to check whether it is uncomfortable or not... Luckily it was not for both..

Used both of them.. NOte2 for sure requires two hand usage though one sided keyboard solves some of the thing.. but the screen was gorgeous..

I was quoted 37 for NOTE 2 .. though she came down to 35,500 and I quoted 35k .. more or less they will come for the same price... they said to call once I decide which to buy and then they will also talk about the other goodies if they can..

For S3 they quoted 33,500 (I did not know the correct price so I have not quoted mine till now) and were giving 32GB

The salesgirl was again again asking me to buy note2(though I am also inclining towards Note2 from the begining but her so much request to buy NOTe2 put some doubts in my mind).

My main uage will be : Call+whatsapp (atleast 2 hours a day and heavy on text)+mailing+web browsing+ video watching

(Here a doubt came in my mind that whether Note2 which is a bit heavy will be able to do justice with heavy calling or not )

I am not into gaming .. but will play golden temple etc...

I also liked the S pen and I was able to write freely on it ...

I read on the net the burst mode is not in Note2... its there but with a different name(best pic something)

Camera I think is same for both..

Salesgirl was saying S3 is having 1Gb while Note2 has 2 GB (my understanding was it was same for both)

Considering my requirement please suggest...

I am coming from 3.2 inches so both are huge for me ... but then i know hands will adjust to it in a week or so..

I want a phone which can make me free from further upgrading atleast for a year or so..

Thanks in advance.
waiting for your opinions.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
Salesgirl was saying S3 is having 1Gb while Note2 has 2 GB (my understanding was it was same for both)

Considering my requirement please suggest...

S3 has 1 GB RAM, the Note has 2 GB- this factor alone makes the Note a better buy. If you are comfortable with the size, and looking at your usage pattern, the Note 2 is the way to go.

rock2702

Padawan
I own both mobile and i feel both are excellent pieces of hardware,looking at your requirements i advice you to go for s3 which you can get for as low as 30.5k on ebay.in.

R2K

In the Zone
AFAIK GS3 also has 2 GB ram.
If you watch a lot of videos and do web browsing NOTE 2 is a good choice. Performance wise both are almost same I guess.

Ihthisham

Broken In
Galaxy note 2 is slightly faster than s3 I'm using this phone since October at first had problems considering the size and switching from iOs to android is very tough.The burst is available by holding the capture button for few sec will take burst photos.Best pic is a different feature.You can go for the Note 2.But to say seriously note2 is a good phone but I Hate cellphones from all the Companies except Htc,Apple and Google.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah, I hate Samsung too.
Now, Note 2 has some edges over the S3, but there are some issues with Note 2 too. Like terrible aesthetics. The back cover is glossy, which will basically help you to slip the phone from your hand. And adding a case with this monster will be weird. And I'm damn scared after seeing so many topics in xda saying just a 3 or 4 feet fall shattered the front glass! Also the led flash is weaker than S2/S3, so if you use to take photos at night with Flash then this would do the job badly.
Just pointing out the issues here, not forcing you to change your mind or anything.
I have used S3 for just couple of hours, so I can't say if it has any issues or not, but judging by Samsung's build quality I guess it has some too.
And I said white version because, they grey one doesn't show any colour other than RGB properly, which sounds weird but it's the fact.

aroraanant

Explorer
Galaxy note 2 is slightly faster than s3 I'm using this phone since October at first had problems considering the size and switching from iOs to android is very tough.The burst is available by holding the capture button for few sec will take burst photos.Best pic is a different feature.You can go for the Note 2.But to say seriously note2 is a good phone but I Hate cellphones from all the Companies except Htc,Apple and Google.

Even I agree with you on that.

I love Note 2 because of the following reasons:
S-Pen Feature(thats the main reason)
Big Batter-3500mAh
Big Screen(some people don't like that)
Dual Play mode(can watch video at same time while doing some other work)....Thats all I guess

OP
H

him406

Broken In
Thanks All.

I know screen is a bit big for the starting but seems I am more tempting towards Note2 only..

@All regarding back cover... I found both S3 and Note2 same.. both were glossy and weak

I am thinking of buying the leather case.. which is fit after removing the back cover and have the NFC feature.(costing around 1500)

Should I have to buy screen guard also ?

More over I am not able to make up the mind for color... There is not pebble blue for Note2 otherwise it would have bene a natural pick..

tilting towards white.. But I am a bit worries about white color becoming dirty easily as I am a nonchalant user who love to take mobile every where :)

And thanks for the info that Note2 has burst mode too

So as far as I understand.. Note 2 has all the features+ some extra feature... but thne why there is so less price difference...

I am planning to buy from Samsung exclusive showroom.. I hope they atleast have all the genuine things(?)

I could go for Iphone too.. but then Iphone 5 is out of budget and not wanting to purchase Iphone 4s and moreover I feel Samsung presently is superior in feature wise if we compare Note2 S3 and 4S

and Is it correct that S3 is better when we compare camera with Note2.. or both have same results?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Even I agree with you on that.

I love Note 2 because of the following reasons:
S-Pen Feature(thats the main reason)
Big Batter-3500mAh
Big Screen(some people don't like that)
Dual Play mode(can watch video at same time while doing some other work)....Thats all I guess
I'm sure you made a typo there, battery is 3100 mAh.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi folks....
I am owning a Galaxy Note 2.... And I am loving it.... :)
I keep 3g on full day and keep checking mails or post in forums...
End of the day I would still have more than half the battery juice left....
I simply enjoy watching movies tvseries etc on it...
And don't even start on my experience on reading ebooks on it.... I am in heaven...
Aldiko reader and moon reader together for me...

Go get this... :D

OP
H

him406

Broken In
guys .. sorry to trouble you again...

Having second thoughts about the size again :( ..

buying on 2nd of Jan

so kinda confused... I know feature wise Note 2 is better than S3...

but somehow size is troubling me...

though it was coming fit on my jeans but even then... thoughts coming in terms of ease/problems in carrying it every where and its looking bit odd while taking :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I don't know how you travel, but if it's not 'corporate' style, then handling the Note 2 won't be easy, especially with one hand. And as I said the glossy back cover is crap. So if you think you'll have problem holding it, then go for the S3. It's good enough, just not the best hardware wise, but then again, we are humans and our hands are limited in size. There is a point why Apple is ignorant to increase the screen size.

OP
H

him406

Broken In
I don't know how you travel, but if it's not 'corporate' style, then handling the Note 2 won't be easy, especially with one hand. And as I said the glossy back cover is crap. So if you think you'll have problem holding it, then go for the S3. It's good enough, just not the best hardware wise, but then again, we are humans and our hands are limited in size. There is a point why Apple is ignorant to increase the screen size.

I am student as of now.. quit my job for studies.. so not at all coroprate style these days..

Mobile in the Jeans is what I prefer to go outside :)

I was planning to buy that leasther case which changes the plastic cover and has the leather case for the front screen

ithehappy

Human Spambot
You can add a case but even the thinnest case will add huge percentage to the unit as it is big already. And I found putting it in a case, which has Matt finishing mainly, make it a LOT harder to put in/out from a pocket, especially jeans's.

OP
H

him406

Broken In
You can add a case but even the thinnest case will add huge percentage to the unit as it is big already. And I found putting it in a case, which has Matt finishing mainly, make it a LOT harder to put in/out from a pocket, especially jeans's.
Ohh u have Note 2... so in retrospection.. do u feel S3 would have been the better choice even for you?

The Case I was talking actually puts a new back cover all together... its remove the existing back cover and adds NFC too

Top Bottom