Samsung Galaxy S3 Faultiest Phone Of 2012 (Good News For S4)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
The Samsung Galaxy S3 takes another crown but this time it’s for the faultiest smartphone of 2012.

A smartphone can offer a superb experience, however sometimes things don’t go as planned and the handset can act up. Hopefully any issues occur when the device is still under warranty. According to one mobile phone insurance company, one of the devices of 2012 to top the faulty device list is the Samsung Galaxy S3. Which may worry the many people who bought the handset.

Mobileinsurance.co.uk looked at some of the claims that customers had made and then compiled a top 10 smartphone list of devices that are likely to go wrong. The Samsung Galaxy S3 is at the top of that list. It is thought that the ‘Sudden Death’ issue helped the device to take the top spot.

The company collected data over claims made by owners of said devices. The Samsung Galaxy S3 topped the list and this was followed by the HTC Desire S and the Nokia Lumia 610. The iPhone 4 came in 4th and the Blackberry Bold 9900 came in at number 5, while the iPhone 4S was in sixth place.

The Sony Xperia S was 7th on the list, the Blackberry Curve 9220 was 8, the Samsung Tocco Lite 2 was at number 9 and the LG Nexus 4 sat in number 10 position. The most reliable device was the iPhone 3GS, which was just in front of the Blackberry Torch 9800. Owners of white devices saw more issues with faults than those with black handsets too, a strange observation.

There is no doubt about the findings, however you do have to bear in mind that the Samsung Galaxy S3 has sold more devices than the majority of the other devices, therefore the risk is increased.

While we were discussing earlier this week how many Samsung Galaxy S2 users would right now be dying to upgrade to the Galaxy S4, it looks like S3 users may end up being in the same boat. That’s good for the Samsung Galaxy S4, I guess.

Source :- Samsung Galaxy S3 Faultiest Phone Of 2012 (Good News For S4) | SidhTech
Samsung Galaxy S3 tops faulty phones list » Phone Reviews

guru_urug

iGoogle
Looks like a lot of iPhone users have voted in this poll. I agree that the Samsung Galaxy S3 is far from perfect and was marketed aggressively giving it a larger than life image, when it was actually just a "better than just good phone". It is not the smoothest in operation and it is really bad at multitasking, but calling it the Faultiest Phone of 2012 is just plain wrong IMO, it was still a damn good Android phone(especially by 2012 standards) and really helped catalyze android expansion.
Also I dont understand how this is good news for S4?

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
No matter how much others say bad about S3 it is the best phone I ever own!! plus the isheeps also participated on the survey that makes it a whole...:)

guru_urug

iGoogle
^People will buy less of S3 and more of S4.

There's a difference of 15k between the 2 phones, different categories of phones. S3 is now in the higher mid-range now, while S4 will be ultra high-end. People who can afford S4 will and should get S4. S3 for time-being, is still good around 25k.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
There's a difference of 15k between the 2 phones, different categories of phones. S3 is now in the higher mid-range now, while S4 will be ultra high-end. People who can afford S4 will and should get S4. S3 for time-being, is still good around 25k.

Remember, S3 was the flagship some time back (not so long before :)). Also, for the features the droid offers isheeps can relax a bit and call theirs as "catch-up mobile that never catches up"

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I thought moving from iphone 4 to S3 would be a great move but honestly call drops, bad network reception, horrible battery life were the reasons that I had to give up S3 in favour of iPhone 5. I had no complaints with iphone 4 but wanted to try a different OS and a different phone. Infact several of my friends complained about call drops and horrible battery life with S3 (they were pro users and had tried everything to conserve battery)

Some suggested reads:
Samsung paying students for 'fake Web reviews' -- did it attack Apple, too? | Computerworld Blogs
Convicted patent infringer Samsung paying students for ‘fake Web reviews’

I am not a blind follower of apple but atleast in case of mobiles, Samsung is just too aggressive for wrong reasons when there are better phones available in terms of looks, style, sturdiness and android experience.

Top Bottom