Samsung E840..to buy or not to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Guys,
I am not a big fan of symbian fones, never had one..have used the T610, k700, 6233 and 6300 so far...
my 6233 got stolen recently, so was in search for a low budget fone arnd 7 k..maybe the w200i, but it has d joystick...
So..here i am in croma wen i see this beauty...90% sure i would buy it unless it has a problem of exploding..but still ..any serious probs?
wats the sms capacity?

K

krazyfrog

Samsung isn't worlds second best cell phone manufacturer for nothing (nokia no.1 and moto no.3). Their cell phones are as good as any other company. E840 is no exception. One of my friends has a D900i and i personally find it as good as 5700 which comes for the same price, its only advantage being Symbian OS. E840, i'm sure will be similarly good. I don't think theres any serious problems with it.

OP
J

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Thnx man...
i heard someone say it has technical probs...
and i have never regarded any company as inferior..bought the T610 instead of the 6610...
neways, might get it this week...

OP
J

Jatin_T

Journeyman
incident abt 3 yrs back wen i bought the T610 instead of the 6610..hehe

neways..buying the samsung day after...
if anyone thinks i shudnt..tell now..or be silent forever..hehe (seems like d marraige scene!)

mickeytwist

Broken In
I had trouble with similar issues and someone suggested that I should just update the firmware on my handset. Took me a while to locate it but i found they had updated firmware on the the 'downloads' tab for the *www.timtechs.com/unlocked-samsung-sgh-e840-prd115.html Is this a good idea or unnecessary? Im not sure, haven't tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom