Samsung CD-RW 40-12-40 [SW-240B] Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
Dear Friends,
I'm using this Samsung's Cd-RW [40x-12x-40x] SW-240B since last 2.5 yrs, along with Nero Burning Rom 5.5. Had no problem, but since last few weeks I'm facing two queer problems:
1. CD-Rs r not being burmed at a speed more than 24x and CD-RW r not being burned at more than 4x !!
CD-R Brand :Memorex
CD-RW.. :Sasmsung [4x-10x]
Moreover the Drive doesn't recognise MoserBaer CD-RW [4X-10X]
On attempt to burn on the MoserBaer CD-RW ,"Disc Speed Error" erroe msg is thrown.
2. 2nd sessions written on Multisession Disc r not recognised.
Also at times the Cd_RW stops working after giving a "Power Calibration Error" ! Restart solves it.
ANy ideaS?

busyanuj

In the zone
the lens of your drive might've become quite dirty. use come cd-cleaner to clean the lens, else take your drive to samsung and get it serviced and checked.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
the above are known issues with Samsung drives. I own one too and I cannot burn anything above 24X on a CD-R. Thats just a H/W fault. If you still have th warranty period left take it to your dealer and get it replaced or better yet sell it and get a Sony RW

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
I thought a firmware upgrade shud give me a respite. Guess What!! At their site there is no mention of the Model SW-240B !! Simply Crap!!
Anyway thx.

Kannan

In the zone
I have never faced that problem with Samsung Writer !!

I think when these power calibration errors occur, its better you get a new drive. Even after repair they crop-up again !!

rajas

In the zone
Samsung CDRW

Its a HW problem. Might a firmware update will do somethin gud.

I use a CDRW and its driving me nuts, may issues with it. Have to Take it to repair thrice in first month. Firmware updates to Panel change. It makes V loud noise and

dude, go for something better never ever again Samsung Optical Drives.

Kannan

In the zone
An adivice to all of you, Avoid using your Writer as a Reading Device. This decreases the life of your writer. Instead put another 1000 bucks and get a optical drive only for reading the optical disks.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Kannan said:
An adivice to all of you, Avoid using your Writer as a Reading Device. This decreases the life of your writer. Instead put another 1000 bucks and get a optical drive only for reading the optical disks.

Rightly said. Another thing to avoid is dust on the CD's. When you read these CD's, the dust can fall on the lens. Also avoid using badly scratched discs. the drive cannot read these in 1 pass and has to keep on trying to read the scratched sectors over and over again.

krisjr

In the zone
Kannan said:

hi ter,i hav a samsung cdrw,new..is ter any long term prob if i use it for simple reading etc...i hav aslo started keeping a cd in it..shud it be blank or any cd will do..

OP
Thor

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
ISObuster reads the Multisession

Now this is weird!
Using ISObuster[1.6] I'm able to read the multisession Cds fine!
Got it from Here
SO where's the problem? Is this XP's prob or H/W?
Speed problem still remains , I'm unable to find the firmware upgrade!!
[They haven't listed the Model SW-240B on their Site!!]
Will take it to technician. :cry:
Thx

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
huh ur writer is dead buddy(i had the same prob of power calibration error too), do what i did with my samsung writer.............. throw it away. and yes dont send it to the service centre 'nahi to kabad ke bhaav bhi nahi bikega', and frm next time remember that SAMSUNG SUCKS in the case of writers, so beware do not buy the new one as samsung.

read this ...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5994&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

after i threw my samsung writer i bought sony...its workin really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom