Journeyman
Hi all am looking for a cell phone of around 5K
So I narrowed down to two sets Samsung 3310 and Nokia 5130 XM
My main concerns in descending order are:

1. Decent music player
2. Good battery backup
3. Better built
4. average camera

So please suggest which one is better or you can suggest any other cell also but only in this range ..maximum I can increase my budget to 1k .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nokia 5130XM. afaik, S3310 doesn't come with 3.5mm jack which is a big minus if you want to use better headphones/earphones.

alos, 5130XM is a hit phone and many TDF members gave two thumbs up for this :)

venkat0052

I Can Therefore I Am
Hi sharma_atul85

I prefer samsung s3310 there is a 2.0megapixel camera, mobile tracker, large display, slim and cool looking and there are some more features like SOS message, privacy lock (to lock our phone book, message, my files,etc), it also has many more features like Fm recording,a extra ordinary stereo headphone,free browsing of others fil
Its draw backs are can't use any third party softwares, all the items received by Bluetooth stores in phone memory

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^hmm.

1) decent music player:

with 3.5mm jack and S40 OS, this is much better for music as you have lot of 4rd party apps and use third party headphones.

2) battery backup

S3310's is rated at 2.5hr talktime which is pathetic. this means that if you make lot of phone calls, charge won't last for more than a day. battery of 5130XM easily lasts for two days.

3 & 4 and more of less the same for both the phones.

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Thanks for your valuable posts.. am also in favour of 5130 XM as I have read a lot reviews about it ..
I think the main big difference is that samsung has bigger screen , good looking set which lacks in 5130 and rest of the features are more or less the same.

So I better prefer 5130 XM for its s40 OS and decent music player compared to samsung and will be eying for philips shh 9700 in ear headphones (or please suggest any other if better than this one ).

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Go with Nokia 5130 XM.
You can even try out the Nokia 7210 Supernova. Please try out before you get it. My friend has one but never heard it anytime.

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
Another friend of mine purchased 7210 suoernova i n black color for Rs 4800 from big bazaar. It has sleek design and great looks as well. but not clear music quality and also uncomfortable keypad to use for longer time as it is metallic in nature..

If any of you has purchased Nokia 5130 XM please tell me if how much the battery lasts genuinely if we keep playing music ?
I had read the reviews as well but the replies varies too much so its hard to believe them. on nokia's site its written that music playback time upto 21hrs . And if its true then no need to think again about this one .

And again thanks all you guys for your support.

OP
sharma_atul85

sharma_atul85

Journeyman
So after looking up in the shops for best deal I finalised samsung s3310 for lots of thing as under:

1. good looking phone compared to nokia 5130 XM: front panel and area accross camera is made up of steel looks good and back cover is of leather look material which protects phone from scratch.....5130's made up of plastic material and prone to scratch.

2. camera quality of 3310 is much much better than any other 2 MP + 16M color camera and pics shooted in night are also better than any other .. bad camera of nokia 5130.

3. video can be shoot which is much clearer compared to 5130. I used both phones at the shop. tha lady there showed me both phones to find the best phone ..nice lady ..

4. nokia's 5130 known m ainly for music is also not at par with samsung's s3310 . the same lady played the same song in both sets and the sound came out from s3310 was really awesome!!!.

and the price of s3310 is 4150/- plus 166/- tax not a bad deal I think as against 5k+ for nokia 5130 XM.
and very good battery backup of 3310's listened songs for whole night stil some battery was available...
loving this set...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom