Saina Nehwal wins world junior championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
Saina Nehwal wins world junior championship
Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Sunday became the first Indian to clinch the World Junior badminton
Championship with a straight-game win over Japanese rival Sayaka Sato in the final.
Top seed Saina got the better of her ninth seeded Japanese rival Sayaka Sato 21-9, 21-18 in a lopsided match that lasted just 25 minutes.

"It is a great feeling to win it this time. The last time in 2006, I had lost in the finals but I am happy that I clinched the title this time," Saina, who reached the quarter-finals of the Beijing Olympics, said after the match.

"I never thought that I would play so well. The first game was easier but in the second game she was playing good smashed but I was successful in catching her on the nets. I played my back hands well and so overall I am satisfied with my performance. It was an okay sort of a match.

"However, I reckon my semi-finals match against Chinese Shixian Wang as the toughest in the tournament," she added.

With the Commonwealth Youth gold and the World Junior badminton title in her kitty, the world number 11 has now set her eyes on China and Hong Kong Open later this month.

"I am next playing China Open and Hong Kong open this month and I am confident of doing well there as well," the national champion said.

National coach Pullela Gopichand said Saina played like a champion all through the tournament.

"She played like a champion. It is good to see her wining convincingly through out the tournament. She has really done well, hats off to her," Gopichand said.

!!! KEEP GOING KID ..... KEEP THE INDIAN TRI-COLOR FLYING HIGH !!!

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Saina = Sania + true talent, consistent performance and hardwork - 1000 tonnes of ego, false hype and stupidity

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
ye Saina kaun hai ? never heard of her :confused:

What..???

Just google it.. to put it in simple she is an upcoming talent in badminton
making it impressive in international arena. The Indians came to know her with the
performance in Beijing Olympics and... yes..she is consistent ..

Congrats Saina Nehwal

Saina = Sania + true talent, consistent performance and hardwork - 1000 tonnes of ego, false hype and stupidity

You said it..

Last edited:
OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
ye Saina kaun hai ? never heard of her :confused:

comeon man .. she represented India in the Olympics and played pretty well ... didn't win a medal though.
she is jus 18 n has won more competitions than some of big braggers and accent trainers have all thru their lives.
c this *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saina_Nehwal

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^its not a fairytale...lolz

then it ended for good, well other family members are still addicted to cricket ;/

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^lol...being happy is a state of mind :p
I hope you too are in the same state ;)

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
^^lol...being happy is a state of mind :p
I hope you too are in the same state ;)

Not really..but again as you said it is the state of mind and
one's perspective ..Trying my best.. (Sorry Saina.. you carry on..we are like this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom