Safely Removal Hardware reads SD card but not showing in My Computer

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Hi guys, when I put in my micro SD card along with my SD card adapter, my laptop is gives the "sound" when a new hardware is attached but nothing shows up in My Computer, though it shows the option for removal from Safely Removal Hardware.
What can I do?

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Check card - reader driver if its there. Uninstall and re-install the card reader driver and then try again.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Check card - reader driver if its there. Uninstall and re-install the card reader driver and then try again.

Yes, in my laptop I found a driver folder and it has Card reader folder which had the setup of Realtek PCIE card reader, I have removed it and then re installed it. But still no difference. Is this the right driver, you think?
I can't find any other folder for the driver of my SD card reader.

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
If you have any additional card then try using that to check if that gets detected.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
PCIE expansion card i guess. And no software is required for memory card. check windows update. something maybe missing from the lappy.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Not only you I sometimes also face the same problem with my Internal card reader. When I insert any card, sometimes it shows up and sometimes it is not.
I'm yet find a solution for this problem.
P.S. This is not a card reader problem, but a problem related to device driver.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Yeah, i have done evrything. I am updating the windows constantly as well. I don't have any extra SD card or any SD card adapter. Any other solution?

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
If you have any live cd like Damn Small Linux or Hiren Boot CD, then boot into Live Environment and check if it shows up the card there or not.

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Hmm.... !!

May be the adapter write protected !! Not sure though. Check to see if this helps

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Yes, I have found the problem. It is being read and it occupies one drive but it does not display the drive in my computer and it is "write protected". Now what should I do?

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Unlock it. Click this link Memory card is write protected or locked

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
I did try the things mentioned in the link but I don't get any option to format the drive because basically my computer does not read it as a readable disk, it just says like something is there, with 0mb storage.

msn

खिड़की माने Windows
Follow these steps :

1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on laptop and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write G: after C:\windows\system32>and press enter
7. Then Type - format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.

Note: Make sure you double check your PenDrive Drive letter before executing the format command. I have used G: as an example.

OP
sam9953

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
I tried your steps but it didn't work out. Thanks, I will go tomorrow to get this micro SD card checked.

Top Bottom