Safe mode doesn't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerUser

Journeyman
When I boot into safe mode, it just does not work. After I click on my account it logs on then suddenly restarts!Some times it shows a message but it restarts immediately.Please help.I have tried not to restart when system fails but it did not work.:mad:

anandk

Distinguished Member
If you can get into Safe Mode, the first thing to do is to check Device Manager (Control Panel / System / Device Manager) for any hardware devices that may be conflicting...

*www.windowsgalore.com/windows.95/safemode.htm

OP
ComputerUser

ComputerUser

Journeyman
I got the first line of the error message.It starts with "Windows cannot create a temporary point directory..."then something. A timer was also in the error message box. It was of 30s but XP restarts before it reaches 30!

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Do you have Nero installed? If yes, try uninstalling Nero. Nero "InCD4" has this tendency to override the safe mode timer and cause problems in some machines.

anandk

Distinguished Member
well it wud help id u cud post the full msg (or scrnshot)

till then jst do the obvious. scan ur pc for malware (antivirus/antispyware) and run ccleaner. lastly get ur hjt autoanlysed at www.hijackthi.de or post it here.

OP
ComputerUser

ComputerUser

Journeyman
I have scanned with avast! with the latest updates but no virus has been reported.

I have scanned with avast! with the latest updates but no virus has been reported.I have nero express 6 but InCD is not installed.

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
I heard ter is a safe mod lock for pc using pirated xp wich is connected to internet,but wont prevent u in logging into ur normal account.i dont know if dis is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom