s60v2 VS s60v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
ahhh... my fav topic...
if u take a s60v2 fone then the 1st thing u ll miss is the webkit browser on s60v3.. cos thunderhawk on s60v2 isnt as good...
2. no future-proofness..
3. u wont actually miss anything cos s60v2 has too many apps to last u a lifetime...
4. but all s60v2 fones ll be phased out soon...
so better take a s60v3 fone... depends on ur needs actually...

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
There are a hell lot of changes, both Above the hood and under the hood. There are not just big and huge changes, but small and minor changes which affect the daily use a lot.

You have an active standby in all the S60v3 phone, although the last few s60v2 phones did have this active standy. It display your calender entries, some phones display your email and messages, the newer phones even notify you about missed calls and all.

It has a browser based on safari code, gives you a desktop like browsing experience. With Mini Map, mouse cursor, rss feeds etc.

There also small small changes like, after you come to the end of the list, like the last mess in the inbox, if you still move the joystick downwards, you will move to the first mess in the list, in the previous S60v2 which i have tried, you had to move to the top message one by one.

S60v3 also sports a much enhanced platform security, breaching which is extremely remote and virtually impossible task.

Pathik

Google Bot
@ alsi u can configure active standby to display nything u want 4m the default fone apps.. Almost..

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
@ Not on the previous S60v3 phones, the active standy is limited to very few apps, Calender, Music Phone, To Do list. N75 has added a lot many plugins to the Active Standby, but nokia has limited it a lot, you cannot configure it to display anything you want from default phones apps.

Pathik

Google Bot
well in my e50 i can put mp3plyr,calender,call nd msg alerts and 6 active standby apps thru the plugins.. And in those 6 apps all default apps, installed 3rd party apps and bkmks r allowed..

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Oh you meant the Standby Icons?
Ya you can display any 3rd party app.

I was talking about the details which can be viewed below the icons.
Like the calender entries and music player. Messaging is not abaliable on 3250, there were new plugins added each time.

Just wish they opend up the standby display to 3rd party.

Pathik

Google Bot
they r called standby plugins dude.. Btw some apps like lcg jukebox do show up in standby wen minimized

Pathik

Google Bot
yup... u can... they can also be downloaded to s60v2 fones...
for s60v3 use this... *symtorrent.aut.bme.hu/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom