S3 or the N4

doom

Journeyman
Hello Guys

I am looking for a phone for my father. The choice is between S3 and N4 and the budget is around 26k. The thing is I prefer N4 in comparision to sammy as I already have a N4 :D. But my Mom is keen on s3 as many of her "sammy addict" and "WTF is LG doing with a phone" relatives have suggested her s3, plus she says there will e 2 N4s in the house.
In my opinion, I have seen 1 or 2 s3 and they are quite laggy as compared to n4.

1. Budget- Around 26k

2. Display type and size- Less than 5 inch screen preferred
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip- Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand? None

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).- Touch

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera- Must have a flash and a good camera as my dad loves photography and making videos with his phone

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc)- Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly- 3g, wifi, bluetooh

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)- Gps

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Normal use, some browsing, checking mails, light games like temple run 2, candy crush

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? S3 and N4

12. Any other info that you want to share
My dad loves photography with his phone along with shooting videos. So must have flash and a good camera. Battery life must be decent. And no Indian brands.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance. :)

TheLetterD

Will Power
Slightly off topic but is it still wise to buy a Nexus 4 now that Nexus 5 is coming soon?
Was looking into buying a phone for my father too and was confused between the same.
Was able to (finally) find a place to buy the Nexus 4 Black and Im getting it for 24.5K
So good deal? Also, any estimate time WHEN the N5 will come to India?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Nexus 5 won't arrive here anytime soon. its yet to be announced and at 24k, Nexus 4 beats the crap out of any mobile at this budget. And spec wise (rumor), Nexus 5 will be more of the annual update having better chipset & display. Nexus 4 already got sufficient processing power for next 2-3yrs for even power users and 1080p screen won't be a deal breaker in front of 720p display on a 5" display. only desired feature for Nexus 5 is a better camera sensor & 32GB version.

OP
D

doom

Journeyman
@Nerevarine, Optimus G looks a bit out of my budget.
@TheLetterD, IMO nexus 5 won be released in India until next 1st quarter of year. And it'll definitely be 30k+ in India. Maybe 24.5k is not such a good deal(as international prices have fallen drastically) or maybe the phones have become costlier due to falling rupee as I bought N4 a month ago for 25.5k along with screen guard and a back cover

@sam- Where is the n4 available for 24k?

Last edited:

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
@doom, Prices of N4 fallen outside India = true
N4 discontuned in US, wont be restocked on play store = true..
Google dropped the prices to clear the stock fast..

So @24.5 k it's superb deal considering that u will not able to import it now.

RIP N4.

OP
D

doom

Journeyman
Sadly, its true the "The beast" wont be available any more internationally. Btw since we all are talking about N4 that means you all support n4 over s3? What about the camera performance of both the phones?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Sadly, its true the "The beast" wont be available any more internationally. Btw since we all are talking about N4 that means you all support n4 over s3? What about the camera performance of both the phones?

S3 cam is better. I have used it. Check my sigi........

dude1

Journeyman
S3 cam quality and battery life better than N4....
Why don't u check out ZR??

OP
D

doom

Journeyman
Zr seems really good but the android version is still 4.1 whereas s3 will get 4.3
Is the cam better in zr?
N4 is now out of option as the cam is relatively not that good

Top Bottom