Ryzen forces Intel to drop prices..

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Okay. My understand was the other R5 and three R3 CPUs will be released in the 2nd half of 2017.
Wait R5 will be released in Q2 while R3 will be released in second half of 2017
Sorry I didn't read your previous post correctly

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If I had to buy a system now I would wait till June. By that time Ryzen 5 and 3 would be out and I would know their performance as compared to Intel. Also by that time motherboard manufacturer would have introduced better performing products/drivers/BIOSes for Ryzen cpus. Intel would have also adjusted its prices by then giving me clearer picture for the best value system. GST tax slab will also be clearer by then. What you feel is upto you.

All depends on the price scenario.

R5 1600X or R5 1500 would be very potent against the competing i5.

Doesn't matter much, but AMD is also more power efficient than Intel this time round. I'd personally go with the company which has caused the drop, and that is undoubtedly AMD.

Thanks guys for replying. Yes I will wait for a few more months as it will be a one time investment. Yesterday I went to the market to inquire about the prices and all and the biggest wholesaler/distributor of hardware in my city told me that AMD is crap in front of Intel, reasons-

1. AMD is only for gaming, even though gaming is good but nothing as compared to Intel.
2. Less warranty than Intel.
3. Costly than Intel.
4. Less service centres than Intel.

Since I wanted the new system to be VR compatible or ready, whichever is the right term, he said all VR systems use Intel as their performance is better. Is there any part of his statements which is true? Personally I have never used a system other than an Intel+Nvidia one so have no idea about AMD.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
Thanks guys for replying. Yes I will wait for a few more months as it will be a one time investment. Yesterday I went to the market to inquire about the prices and all and the biggest wholesaler/distributor of hardware in my city told me that AMD is crap in front of Intel, reasons-

1. AMD is only for gaming, even though gaming is good but nothing as compared to Intel.
3. Costly than Intel.

Since I wanted the new system to be VR compatible or ready, whichever is the right term, he said all VR systems use Intel as their performance is better. Is there any part of his statements which is true? Personally I have never used a system other than an Intel+Nvidia one so have no idea about AMD.

The statements given by wholesellers/distributors make me laugh and cry at the same time...Laugh because of the logic given by them..and cry because they never resist from fooling customers...

AMD has less warranty and are expensive than Intel are just two examples given here..You should have ask the person to elaborate and tell the actual warranty and price difference...

And as for VR compatibility...its more dependent on the GPU.

Anyways I would suggest to get expert opinions on the tech forums before deciding on your purchase..never agree with the seller/distributor without cross-checking on the forums..and then stick to your decision/choice no matter what the seller/distributor says. Your decision should be precise to the exact model/version of the product you want to buy...

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The statements given by wholesellers/distributors make me laugh and cry at the same time...Laugh because of the logic given by them..and cry because they never resist from fooling customers...

AMD has less warranty and are expensive than Intel are just two examples given here..You should have ask the person to elaborate and tell the actual warranty and price difference...

And as for VR compatibility...its more dependent on the GPU.

Anyways I would suggest to get expert opinions on the tech forums before deciding on your purchase..never agree with the seller/distributor without cross-checking on the forums..and then stick to your decision/choice no matter what the seller/distributor says. Your decision should be precise to the exact model/version of the product you want to buy...

He said that AMD's processor's and GPU's have 3 year warranty whereas Intel and Nvidia one's have 5 year warranty. Also he showed me few random models and told me how the same cores cost 5k more in an AMD one.
Sure Brother as this will be my first and I think last gaming pc so that is why I am asking everyone here before purchasing something. Thanks for your help.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
He said that AMD's processor's and GPU's have 3 year warranty whereas Intel and Nvidia one's have 5 year warranty. Also he showed me few random models and told me how the same cores cost 5k more in an AMD one.
Sure Brother as this will be my first and I think last gaming pc so that is why I am asking everyone here before purchasing something. Thanks for your help.

Tell the shopkeeper to STFU as mainstream Ryzen R5 and R3 haven't been launched yet and the enthusiast R7 1700 has 8 core for 330$ while the cheapest 8 core proccy from intel (which isn't EOL) is 5960X for around 1000$.

Except AM4, every SKU from AMD is EOL.

GPU warranty depends on the board partner. Zotac (maybe EVGA and XFX too) has 5 (2+3) year total warranty and it makes nvidia GPU's only. Good AMD board partners like Asus and MSI have the standard 3 year warranty.

Don't buy anything older than a polaris or pascal GPU and a ryzen or skylake (G4560 instead if you plan to get i3s) CPU and you should be good to go.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Tell the shopkeeper to STFU as mainstream Ryzen R5 and R3 haven't been launched yet and the enthusiast R7 1700 has 8 core for 330$ while the cheapest 8 core proccy from intel (which isn't EOL) is 5960X for around 1000$.

GPU warranty depends on the board partner. Zotac (maybe EVGA and XFX too) has 5 (2+3) year total warranty and it makes nvidia GPU's only. Good AMD board partners like Asus and MSI have the standard 3 year warranty.

Don't buy anything older than a polaris or pascal GPU and a ryzen or skylake (G4560 instead if you plan to get i3s) CPU and you should be good to go.
Only Zotac GPUs has 2+3 years warranty. All other vendors give only 3 years warranty.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Most of the things that you said except saying STFU to the shopkeeper went over my head. As [MENTION=15775]monkey[/MENTION] mentioned above, I am waiting, learning, seeking advice, looking to AMD's launch and plan to get a system till June *forum.digit.in/pc-components-configurations/199797-gaming-pc-specs-advice-needed.html

gameranand

Living to Play
Are the prices reduced yet from Intel side as suggested by the thread title or we still arguing over Ryzen performance. :D

maheshn

Journeyman
Actually, one should think Indian vendors or AMD's indian staff are out of their mind... insane pricing. The cheapest Ryzen offer seems to be around Rs.27000- online (for the 1700)., one can get an Intel Xeon E3 class processor for less than that price... add to the fact that one also needs a new mobo (and maybe RAM) for an upgrade, AMD is pricing itself out of the Indian market....? (The same thing with their graphics cards....)

Anyone from AMD care to shed any light on the matter?

(P.S. I'm a former Athlon XP 64 user, for the record :) )

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Actually, one should think Indian vendors or AMD's indian staff are out of their mind... insane pricing. The cheapest Ryzen offer seems to be around Rs.27000- online (for the 1700)., one can get an Intel Xeon E3 class processor for less than that price... add to the fact that one also needs a new mobo (and maybe RAM) for an upgrade, AMD is pricing itself out of the Indian market....? (The same thing with their graphics cards....)

Anyone from AMD care to shed any light on the matter?

(P.S. I'm a former Athlon XP 64 user, for the record :) )
Xeon E3 are at most 4C/8T low clocked CPUs
RyZen is 8C/16T high clocked cpu
Also as for the motherboard board , am4 platform will be supported for a long time unlike Intel which discards the last platform fairly quickly
Also all ryzen CPUs are unlocked so can be overclocked if required
As for ram that you have to buy for Intel also (DDR4)

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
As for cheaper RyZen offerings, the R5 series consisting of 6C/12T and 4C/8T CPUs will be launching in Q2 '17 and R3 consisting of 4C/4T will launch in second half of 2017

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
R7 1700 is going for around 25.5k on CTC, Md Computers and Prime mainly because it is a new launch and probably has low availability in India. I couldn't find any import data on zauba, so I'm not sure if the rates are justified or it is another case of price gouging like it was with RX 400 series gpu launch in India.

(link: Ryzen Where to Buy | AM )

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
R7 1700 is going for around 25.5k on CTC, Md Computers and Prime mainly because it is a new launch and probably has low availability in India. I couldn't find any import data on zauba, so I'm not sure if the rates are justified or it is another case of price gouging like it was with RX 400 series gpu launch in India.

(link: Ryzen Where to Buy | AM )
Official prices from AMD :*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170311/f434be7a7e71fe0cec52d5012d00df2b.jpg

So a bit of price gouging is there
Also those prices seem to be inline with Intel's pricing
(7700k is also 26-27k here)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

3. Costly than Intel.

Read what I'm going to write very carefully.

As far as graphic cards are concerned, neither nVidia nor AMD (Radeon) give any warranty. It's the job of the graphic card manufacturer to give the warranty. eg, MSI, Asus, Zotac, Sapphire, XFX etc.

As far as CPUs are concerned, AMD and Intel only give warranty for the CPU - the chip, which very very very very rarely goes bad for anyone. They don't give any warranty for the motherboard. Motherboard warranty is the job of the motherboard manufacturer. eg, MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, ASRock etc. These companies develop motherboards for both AMD and Intel. So what this means is, points 2, 3 and 4 are stupid. And so is the guy who told you all of this.

Regarding point 1, Indians have been brainwashed into thinking Pentium 4 was a very good chip. When in reality, a 3.1 Ghz Pentium 4 would get outperformed by a 2.2 Ghz Athlon 64 in most benchmarks. What made it worse was Pentium 4 would use twice the amount of electricity. Intel took the performance lead after 2006, but damage through 'propaganda' and lies was already done.

As far as the current scenario is concerned, the 8 core Ryzen runs circles around anything Intel has to offer at its price point. With a cost of ₹25 to 38K, Ryzen is a competitor to the 8 core workstation Intel processors that cost ₹80K. Intel offers you a very high clocked 4 core i7-7700k around Ryzen's price point, and the former is better for gaming than Ryzen. But not by much on an average in practical scenarios. The 8 core Ryzen on the other hand is far better in everything else compared to the 4 core i7.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Like I mentioned beforehand, [MENTION=154704]billubakra[/MENTION], the distributors are a whole bunch of sh!t and b@stard ,a$$/donkey/goat mentality people. They even don't know the features and functionings of a CPU let alone the differences between a chipset.

THEIR ONLY MOTIVE IS TO MAKE MONEY AT OUR COST BY MAKING US A "MURGA(Cock)".
Everybody knows what backdoor and malpractices policies Intel plays for their business, particularly against AMD.

What [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION], has explained in clear,precise manner with brevity is really to be lauded and appraised.

Hopefully fanboys(both of Intel and AMD) will understand the meaning of comments by [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION].

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just forgot to add, Intel does make motherboards for their processors, but they are bad enough to not be recommended by anyone. nVidia and AMD also manufacture graphic cards, but for the professional / HPC world.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Intel & AMD made an agreement in early 2000s which regulates to non-competition practices but Intel broke that promise by bribing the reviewers & making unjust claims that their products were superior.

AMD didn't get a break until Athlon and Ryzen which is now.

AMD Radeon GPUs are vastly superior with future technologies though they are not that power efficient like Nvidia.

Finally it comes to the End User who decides which product is better for him in the long run.

Regarding driver support for a long time it's always AMD in both CPU & GPU fields.

AMD ages well than Intel & Nvidia even though it's not that much power efficient.

For gamers Intel Quad core with Hyper Threading is enough and for purposes like Video Encoding & multi-tasking or beyond that AMD is the way to go.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom