RW - CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nipun_the_gr8

Hi ! i have a sony cd - rw.It says that it is 1x - 4x compatible.Plz tell me that will i be able to burn my data on the disc usin' 48x speed ??? and also plz tell me the no. of times i can use the cd for burnin' purposes.

GameAddict

In the zone
No

Hi,

If it is 1x-4x compatible, it can support burning at higher rates.I have a 8x and I CAN burn it at 10x, but no more. Try a bit highre setting and let me know.It is really frustrating when your writer supports 24x burning but CD-RW is limited to just 16x :(

Bye!

GA

JAK

What the Heck !
nipun_the_gr8 said:
Hi ! i have a sony cd - rw.It says that it is 1x - 4x compatible.Plz tell me that will i be able to burn my data on the disc usin' 48x speed ??? and also plz tell me the no. of times i can use the cd for burnin' purposes.

Hmmm...

Well CD-RW's use phase changin recordin layer to record data unlike the conventional dye's like cyanine/Azo etc used by CDR's.
The higher the burn speed the more the laser power...The phase change alloy(CD-RW's) used is very sensitive to temperature hence though we can burn CDR's at 52X speed while we r limited to say 32X in CDRW's

Most newer CD-RW's use a better phase changing material thus they r able to support higher burn speeds like 24X or 32X but their use is restricted to the speed of the burner

Newer burners can burn CD-RW's is max speed of 32X.. How ever 32X CDRW are rarely found while their 24X counterparts are more commonly available while their 10X counter parts being very very common.

Now the CDRW disk u have is a 4X CDRW thus supports max speed of 4X burnin...so its impossible for u to burn it at 48X...

Well I have a old Samsung 10X CDRW which I must have burned abt say 400+ times(wit me... last 7 months) and there has'nt been one occasion wher i hav encountered data corruption (touchwood)

When formatin CDRW's always quick format instead of full format unless u work for FBI pr KGB...

Hope this helps.... :wink:

godzi_85

In the zone
24x cdrw.... gosh.. i need it desparately.. .. my 10x cdrw is well.. kind of almost screwed.. but hey how times can you burn and re-burn(if you can call that) the cdrw... i have burned it for 563 times now in the last 9 months.... and ya i got a data corruption error a few days ago.. but not after that.. i have burned the disc around 12times after that... so is thereany need for a new cdrw.. or should i use it right till its death hehehe.. or was it just a once in a blue moon thingy,.

JAK

What the Heck !
godzi_85 said:
24x cdrw.... gosh.. i need it desparately.. .. my 10x cdrw is well.. kind of almost screwed.. but hey how times can you burn and re-burn(if you can call that) the cdrw... i have burned it for 563 times now in the last 9 months.... and ya i got a data corruption error a few days ago.. but not after that.. i have burned the disc around 12times after that... so is thereany need for a new cdrw.. or should i use it right till its death hehehe.. or was it just a once in a blue moon thingy,.

well if it is scratchless and u havent exposed it too much to direct sunlight..
u'll be able to use it for another 300+ burns. Most companies claim 1000 burns(under standard test conditions) so if u can emulate those standard test conditions..lol.. :lol: then u'll be able 2 squeeze out those 1000 burns... :wink:

as for the data corruption maybe its ageing of the CDRW or maybe the CD was a lil dirty when burnt or maybe the burner lens was dirty..
Since u hav mentioned that this thingy hasn't happened again..u have a good chance that the CDRW u have will last..hopefully

hope this Helps... :wink:

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

Thankx every1 & JAK, i don't wrk for FBI or KGB :wink:

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
godzi_85 said:

Wow how do ya know that u burned it 563 times ? lol :lol: :lol:

GameAddict

In the zone
Found any CD-RW higher then 16x?

Hi,

16x is the highest in CD-RW(comes with ASUS CD-RW, brand is Mitsubishi), I could find. If somebody has found CD-RW of greater speed, please let me know.

GA

JAK

What the Heck !
Re: Found any CD-RW higher then 16x?

GameAddict said:
Hi,

16x is the highest in CD-RW(comes with ASUS CD-RW, brand is Mitsubishi), I could find. If somebody has found CD-RW of greater speed, please let me know.

GA

Ahem....

I got a 24X CDRW with my LiteOn 52x32x52x... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom