Run it even after reinstalling Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hello friends, here a one more trick for you from me. Now I think that section is right. You have installed Ad-Aware Se and Spybot and is regularly updating for more than one month. Suddenly ur windows went kaput. Then u have to reinstall ur windows and all ur Ad-Aware Se and SpyBot lates definition will be gone. At that time what will you do and computer wil be unprotected. Here's a trick to prevent it. When u install these then you can copy there files which are installed and run to any folder. So when you will reinstall your windows then run them your definitions will be up-to-date. I have been using Ad-Aware se like this for more than 3 months so I m 100% sure about it but sure about SpyBot only 90%. Hope this will be usefull for u.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Good one man!I have a request:I keep my program files in drive other than the one on which Windows is installed.Often when I reinstall my Windows,all registry entries are destroyed and I am unable to use many programs.Can you help??

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
Chetan1991 said:
Good one man!I have a request:I keep my program files in drive other than the one on which Windows is installed.Often when I reinstall my Windows,all registry entries are destroyed and I am unable to use many programs.Can you help??
I think:rolleyes: I can help you my friend Chetan1991. When u install all the softwares then go to start > run and type regedit.exe and hit enter. Then navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion. Here u will find an entry ProgramFilesDir. Open it and change it to where ever u have installed ur softwares. Then make this entry regbackup. Whenever u reinstall ur windows then open this backup file and then u will be able to change ur program files and can repair all the softwares which u want. Post ur result here. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom