Rumor: Microsoft to Support Windows on Bootcamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
While you may have to keep a few grains of salt nearby for this one, it appears as though internal emails are going out to Microsoft support techs informing them that the company is going to changing it's stance on issuing support for copies of Windows that are installed on Apple computers using the Bootcamp software available with OS X.

Before the rumored change, Microsoft treated Bootcamp installations of Windows as their own red headed step child. To put it simply: They refused to help you if you had a problem. Apparently, however, papa Microsoft has had a change of heart and is extending a helping hand to those Mac users who still have a soft spot for Windows. While the support will not include any help with the actual installation process, configuration of Bootcamp, or anything related to the EFI employed on Macs, all retail copies of Windows will now receive the standard two free warranty calls afforded to their PC counterparts. Something is better than nothing, right?

Nothing has been confirmed by Microsoft themselves, though, so there's no promises coming from us, but if you are one of those people running Windows on your Mac and could use a little help, hang in there. Microsoft may just answer your calls one day.

News source: Neowin.net (thanks Cansokid)

*neowin.net/news/main/08/02/04/rumor-microsoft-to-support-windows-on-bootcamp

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
arrey Microsoft windows ko nahi to kisko support karega ? :p Uska business dhere dhere doob raha hai FOSS ke karan. Sab log ab Linux ke taraph ho rahe hein!

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I won't be surprised if its true. They will support Windows to run on Apple Hardware and eat away their market share, slowly. Very calculating, good move by Microsoft.

I won't be surprised if its true. They will support Windows to run on Apple Hardware and eat away their market share, slowly. Very calculating, good move by Microsoft.
That will result in the destruction of both M$ and Apple. Macintosh Operating System Ten is already barely used compared to all the Linux distros. If Microsoft Windows Operating Systems start gaining over Macintoshes, then due to the later's decreasing usage people will move over to Linux as the most prefered *nix. That will mean that When the two fight, the third gains.

narangz

Web developer
^^ It may not happen. I agree Linux user base has increased but there's a long way to go. In simplicity Windows is still easy(installing apps, drivers etc).

Plz no wars!!!

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
u aren't aware of Linux users (not here in forum). many of my friends on chat previously used windows now they are Linux.
No offence but even I can say that my friends still never used Linux. I use Ubuntu (just for a new desktop experience) but my mainstream work is in Win.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Macintosh Operating System Ten
LOL! :lol: What was the big need to expand Mac OS X as much as possible? What a nerdy thing to do! :lol:

Macintosh Operating System Ten is already barely used compared to all the Linux distros.
LOL! :lol:
According to Net Applications, the operating system market share at the end of 2007 was:
Windows: 91.46%
Mac OS X: 7.57%
Linux: 0.67%
iPhone: 0.13%

Even the iPhone is soon going to overtake the whole Linux market combined. You are so blinded in your Linux fanboyism that you actually think that iPods sell due to Linux and that it commands a larger slice of the market than Mac OS X. Oh, I pity you.

infra_red_dude is also a passionate Linux user but I never hear him making such lame comments. Learn from him.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
LOL! :lol: What was the big need to expand Mac OS X as much as possible? What a nerdy thing to do! :lol:

LOL! :lol:
According to Net Applications, the operating system market share at the end of 2007 was:
Windows: 91.46%
Mac OS X: 7.57%
Linux: 0.67%
iPhone: 0.13%

Even the iPhone is soon going to overtake the whole Linux market combined. You are so blinded in your Linux fanboyism that you actually think that iPods sell due to Linux and that it commands a larger slice of the market than Mac OS X. Oh, I pity you.

infra_red_dude is also a passionate Linux user but I never hear him making such lame comments. Learn from him.
Now by 2012, Linux will run on smartphones too. It was an news some days ago from efytimes.com

:evil:

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
who needs help from microsoft wen there is thousands of tech forum to help u in jiffy :)

praka123

left this forum longback
the Linux userdb shown is wrong!even a a$$hole can get that!
Linux implementation and userdb is not measurable.still,with positive figures,it is a bit over 6 % => os x .

what can we(FOSS) do?there is no "genuine" cr@p available for verification.

It can easily surpass the available installation of apple os x anyways.think about clusters using 100s of linux installed?,about embedded systems that uses linux?
It is not possibly my dear friend it is NOT! :-|
dont underestimate the penguin power.

@unknown:beta raj,pareshan na ho! ;)

praka123

left this forum longback
^me :confused: definitely NOT
*img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1235/1235301c0b21fe7ca5c6fb74f546d2a792402da.png
*www.league2000.co.uk/e107_plugins/log/stats.php?4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom