Router required - 4-6k.

beanstalk_230

Broken In
Hi everyone

I need to buy a new router which has good range. Currently using Cisco E900 & the range is pretty unsatisfactory.

Kindly suggest a good router in the 4 - 6 k range. USB sharing / Printer sharing (HP 1020) would be an added advantage.

Thanks in advance.

Options that I was looking at:

*www.flipkart.com/asus-rt-n15u-wire...ZEGW&ref=7a327fe4-7dc6-47b7-80f9-d6c65c01f526

*www.flipkart.com/tp-link-tl-wr1043...GBV6&ref=7a327fe4-7dc6-47b7-80f9-d6c65c01f526

Last edited:

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I have TP-LINK WDR3600 for 4.8k. It's a N600 router(300+300) though the range is good, you can buy powerful antennas for it.
I placed it on my computer table in one bedroom and the signal reaches to the top and bottom floors. Will check if I can get to terrace

It is dualband, gigabit, 2usb ports with printer, USB drive ftp server, dlna server, and has killer looks, can stream HD videos from usb drive

Many SAY THAT IT DROPS WIFI( in newegg and amazon reviews). But it is PERFECT... No drops from day 1...
I was worried when buying but I have chosen the best router...

Last edited:
OP
B

beanstalk_230

Broken In
Thanks buddy. Looking into the reviews for the same. Also contemplating installation of DD WRT on E900 after I get a new router. The one I selected in the first link (TP Link WR1043) has 3 antennas. Not sure whether it would result in a better range but that is what made me lean towards it. Any other options ?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Thanks buddy. Looking into the reviews for the same. Also contemplating installation of DD WRT on E900 after I get a new router. The one I selected in the first link (TP Link WR1043) has 3 antennas. Not sure whether it would result in a better range but that is what made me lean towards it. Any other options ?

I want to say one thing: 5GHz band doesn't have more range but more speed than traditional 2.4GHz and less prone to interference from other routers of 2.4GHz and cordless phones

here are some reviews about wdr3600, I cant really tell about WiFi range but it is the best bang for the buck router in this price range, future-proof as it has dual-band(2.4+5GHz) and 2 usb ports(can be extended to 4 with a hardware mod. it supports 4 usb devices, as i saw in a thread on some forum)
Some reviews say it has no guest WiFi but it is implemented in the latest update and working well..

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router, Gigabit, 2.4GHz 300Mbps+5Ghz 300Mbps, 2 USB port, Wireless On/Off Switch

TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router - Newegg.com

Last edited:

gcbeldar

In the zone
I want to say one thing: 5GHz band doesn't have more range but more speed than traditional 2.4GHz and less prone to interference from other routers of 2.4GHz and cordless phones

here are some reviews about wdr3600, I cant really tell about WiFi range but it is the best bang for the buck router in this price range, future-proof as it has dual-band(2.4+5GHz) and 2 usb ports(can be extended to 4 with a hardware mod. it supports 4 usb devices, as i saw in a thread on some forum)
Some reviews say it has no guest WiFi but it is implemented in the latest update and working well..

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router, Gigabit, 2.4GHz 300Mbps+5Ghz 300Mbps, 2 USB port, Wireless On/Off Switch

TP-LINK TL-WDR3600 N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router - Newegg.com
Please provide link to Purchase................

OP
B

beanstalk_230

Broken In
Moving away from TP Link for now. THere are warranty issues which need to be sorted out. Had a word with the TP Link distributor / service in Lucknow regd the same & he refused to honour the warranty of any TP product bought online. Apparently Snapdeal has the WDR 3600 priced at a very tempting Rs 3650.

Top Bottom