RAM93

Broken In
what is rooting??
what is meant by installing custom roms?
is rooting is necessary to install a custom rom?
if my cell is upgradable than what will i call it rooting or upgrading and how to do this?
please any expersts there???
answer these...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

this is your current state. time to read.
AIM: Whenever a new user tries to root his mobile or flash a custom rom, he ends up with a lot of doubt and query but without any answer. There are guides but those only show you the way to do certain things but won't explain you why that step is required. New users not only need guide but proper explanation as any improper step may cause a complete brick of their mobile. Most DEVs or frequent posters will ask them to "Google" which takes them to some other forum where the DEVs again ask them to "Google" and his causes a cycle where you jump from forum to forum without any clear answer. This FAQ will clear most of the common doubts. Remember this FAQ is written for Android users who are new to rooting and custom rom so some of the answers mayn't be prefect as they don't need to know everything.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Read, read & read, never proceed directly with rooting & custom roms, u may end with a bricked phone. so read & read.

OP
R

RAM93

Broken In
[FAQ] Android Customization: Tips and Tricks

this is your current state. time to read.

ok..it was so long but i somehow manage to read that..
please answer me
could i change the kernal version of my mobile and if so can i increse the internal memory/& the ram..
please answer asap..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
could i change the kernal version of my mobile and if so can i increse the internal memory/& the ram..

yes you can but it must be compatible with your current OS. some kernels are only compitable with certain custom rom. so check first. ram, not possible. internal memory can be increased using a partition (EXT) of the memory card.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
how to do that
what is the advantage of doing that
check support for your phone model on xda forum...if there's a custom kernel available for ur phone u can install..but first learn about android development first..dont do anything stupid without proper knowledge..advantages are speedups..more system tweakings..performance improvements...overclocking..dual boot os (if ur phone is supported)..these are common..u can expect much more..

how to do this

google on increase internal memory or how to partition sd card...app like link2sd and mini tool partition wizard can be handy..:)

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how to do that
what is the advantage of doing that

you'll need custom recovery. its explained in the link.
you asked for it ;) well mainly it'll either improve battery backup or performance along with other enhancements. mainly depends on the kernel actually.

how to do this

partition your microSD card using some partitioning tool like EASEUS partition manager. then convert one of the partition (around 1GB) to EXT2 or EXT3 from custom recovery. so say you got a 8GB sd card. 1GB will be used as internal memory whereas the rest 6-6.5GB will be available for other normal use.

for the actual process, search a bit. it differs from mobile to mobile.

OP
R

RAM93

Broken In
ok..and is it necessary to install custom rom/and custom recovery after rooting my mobile.
also can i play the games after rooting which i was unable to do earlier..

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Rooting basically makes you the real owner of your phone. Until you have root on your phone, you are only a user. You will be allowed to modify only the parts of your phone/OS that are allowed by your manufacturer.
Once you are root, you will be able to remove even some system applications there by reducing overhead, add your own applications, change the location of installation of your applications etc.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
so will updating to a new custom rom can bring that change

if a game doesn't support your mobile because it requires a new version of Android then custom rom will help but if you have a legacy android mobile with ARM v6 processor (galaxy y, ace, optimus net, motorola fire, etc) and you are trying to run a game that needs ARM v7 (temple run 2 for example) then you'll need a ARM v6 version to play (if it exist unofficially).

ok..and is it necessary to install custom rom/and custom recovery after rooting my mobile.
also can i play the games after rooting which i was unable to do earlier..

Some games may work after rooting......... There is a software called chainfire 3D. Get info. about it. Some games may start working. I was using it with my old galaxy Y

OP
R

RAM93

Broken In
if a game doesn't support your mobile because it requires a new version of Android then custom rom will help but if you have a legacy android mobile with ARM v6 processor (galaxy y, ace, optimus net, motorola fire, etc) and you are trying to run a game that needs ARM v7 (temple run 2 for example) then you'll need a ARM v6 version to play (if it exist unofficially).

what are u saying..if u have arm v6 and u dont have armv7 u need armv6... :eek:..
and do this arm v6 or arm v7 comes with the custom rom if not how to get that.

please ans asap

Some games may work after rooting......... There is a software called chainfire 3D. Get info. about it. Some games may start working. I was using it with my old galaxy Y

is that app for the phone
and will it work only after rooting

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what are u saying..if u have arm v6 and u dont have armv7 u need armv6... :eek:..

arm v6 & v7 are processor architecture. games that need arm v7 won't work on arm v6 processors based mobiles (most budget mobiles from 2012 or earlier). though some guys ported quite a few of the arm v7 based games to v6. ignore this thing and simply tell us which mobile you have and what game are you trying to play?

and do this arm v6 or arm v7 comes with the custom rom if not how to get that.

nope. its part of the mobile.

is that app for the phone
and will it work only after rooting

check playstore. its there and requires root.

OP
R

RAM93

Broken In
arm v6 & v7 are processor architecture. games that need arm v7 won't work on arm v6 processors based mobiles (most budget mobiles from 2012 or earlier). though some guys ported quite a few of the arm v7 based games to v6. ignore this thing and simply tell us which mobile you have and what game are you trying to play?

lg p690. :(
and i want to play all the excitibg games which i cant..like temple run and all

and could we also change the processor architecture...if so how to do that..
and do the apps and games of a rooted phone is diff from the unrooted one...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i have the your younger sibling. P500 and can play Temple Run 2 without much lag problem.

and i want to play all the excitibg games which i cant..like temple run and all

this is what you'll need: Temple Run 2 1.1 Armv6-7 APK

and could we also change the processor architecture...if so how to do that..

under settings>about phone

*i.imgur.com/1SRqdw8.png

and do the apps and games of a rooted phone is diff from the unrooted one...

nope. if app/games requires root, it'll work on a rooted phone. if the mobile is not rooted the app will get installed but won't work. games don't require root but some apps do.

already a nice thread exist for all Optimus Net purpose: LG Optimus Net unofficial thread

OP
R

RAM93

Broken In
i have the your younger sibling. P500 and can play Temple Run 2 without much lag problem.

this is what you'll need: Temple Run 2 1.1 Armv6-7 APK

whats this..
i have download from that link
it is something .exe file :eek:

under settings>about phone

*i.imgur.com/1SRqdw8.png

is that your mobile's screen shot
its not showing that CPU in mine
mine os is 2.3 gingerbread..
have u rooted ur fon?? :razz:

Top Bottom