Rooting the Xperia ZR

arian29

In the zone
How do i root my Xperia ZR in easiest possible way. :)..
Phone details:
*i57.tinypic.com/2emhloz.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-17-21-47-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-01-17-21-47-59.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 142

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ans i finally rooted it :).. but how do i make the apps save to SD card :(
If you want to transfer/install apps in sd card, forget about it on kitkat. Instead keep the media content in sd card and all apps on the phone. Lollipop however will allow installation of apps on sd card.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
If you want to transfer/install apps in sd card, forget about it on kitkat. Instead keep the media content in sd card and all apps on the phone. Lollipop however will allow installation of apps on sd card.

Yep the move to sd card app crashes in rooted Kit Kat and JB(final version). I wonder why.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
How did you root it?
Link2SD is currently your way of getting applications to SD card. But you may enter into a bootloop so it may need further fixing. (I could post the link to fix it later)

I am waiting to upgrade to 4.4.4 but not doing due to absence of easy way to root.

Waiting for reply...

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
If you wanna know how i rooted it.. heres the link.. works perfectly : How To Root Sony Xperia Z,ZR,ZL 10.5.1.A.0.283 Android 4.4.4 KitKat [Locked/Unlocked BL] | Techbeasts
Flash the rom (the second time after root to regain new kernal) with a custom India version not the one given here. You can find the india version on xda forums

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[Towel Root] [LB] [XMS/XMD] Steps to Get Ful… | Sony Xperia M | XDA Forums
Get the remountrebootfix from there if you need it.

Top Bottom