Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have observed that the graphics are not as polished in the Linux version of Rocket League compared to the Windows version.

Actually, I think the graphics are slightly better when running on Wine than on native linux. There are some graphical bugs like the textures are not as detailed and some of the water reflections on the ground have missing textures, making them appear grey (might post screenshots later).

Other than that it runs perfectly and considering that it is still in beta for Linux and Mac, I think the graphics will be improved in the future.

Edit: One more thing, I have observed that your progress from the Windows client does not carry over to Linux. Perhaps this is temporary since the client is in beta. However, if you want to pick up where you left off, you are out of luck.

Don't know about store purchases or vehicle customizations.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
the update size is 1.3GB. Rumble, is most active game mode in playlist, even more than competitve 1v1 and 2v2(saw yesterday night). it will really be lot of fun to play with friends rather than random online people.

Apart from that, they have introduced crates system. We will get the crates by winning matches but to open them we need to buy keys. At present, 1 key cost is 89(forgot prices of 2,3,5 bulk keys). The contents inside the crates are like Dominus GT, Takumi GT, snake skin paint and etc. It is really enticing.

Then I played game for sometime and then noticed that graphics have improved without the loss of frames. Thuogh i run game at lowest settings. But still, there is significant improvement in graphics at lowest settings.

Another new feature is, we can create at maximum 10 presets of cars with all different customization. Also, There is button to randomize the created presets, it will give random combination of car, paint, wheels etc.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
September 2016 update is the coolest update ever IMO. Psyonix have incorporated a LOT of features constantly being discussed on Reddit. Among these are ability to save the the car customization as presets, randomize customization, a new game mode and the MOST wanted feature ability to go back to Replay list after watching a replay.

The new game mode is very fun for casual play. Maps have given an overhaul, and even on my HD4600 graphics with lowest graphics settings, it looks good. Also the inclusion of a new Octagon map is nice. I am loving playing on this, seemingly made for the demand that we needed a bigger map to play chaos mode (4x4). ITS HUGE and I love to just boost away all over the ground. :D

Apart from the above, the matchmaking system have also revised. In unranked, no longer will you be pair against the opponents of highest MMR of your team. Those have been balanced. Even in ranked, the difficulty level due to win streak is toned down.

The release of Rocket League for Linux proves the dedication of Psyonix in a whole new light.

I am not concerned with the new Trading system, since I play Rocket League for fun, not to do business. However the new premium items are lucrative, especially the GT versions of the cars. But, the new Trading system have already created more isues, like people have now started to remain idle in hopes to farm crates. I am sure this will be resolved too.

LONG LIVE PSYONIX! :doublethumb:

My plans of stop playing RL is now cancelled. :p

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^I dont have much knowledge about these so I am asking. So, farming in RL is just staying in inactive and then quitting the game to gain experience points. After acquiring certain points, the crate will appear. Am I right??
If yes, then what is the point here?? in the end the person who is farming have to buy keys to open all those crates, which will be profitable to Psyonix.
So what am I missing here?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ You don't need to buy keys to open the crate. You can get keys by trading or trade crates for other items.

I myself don't have much idea about trading tho. It seems a hassle and I don't like to mix enjoyment with business.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So how do we exactly get crates or keys? I'll idle too if it just needs us to he in game
You have to play the game. Also you need to enjoy the game too and try to play with friends and not get salty over your partners own goals.

That is the only way you get crates in RL.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Crates are dropped after matches

Keys have to be bought just like csgo

Thanks

You have to play the game. Also you need to enjoy the game too and try to play with friends and not get salty over your partners own goals.

I will play after they give a penalty for users who quit even normal games. Else people leave after conceeding one goal.

gameranand

Living to Play
They are sold always
But not by valve
And you can only get them ingame I.e no marketplace for RL like Csgo/dota

Sent from my Redmi Note 3
The source is always Valve, after that they can be circulated by anyone. Any other entity cannot make those keys, only Valve has the power to create them and sell, for others its just circulation in the market.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I will play after they give a penalty for users who quit even normal games. Else people leave after conceeding one goal.

There IS a penalty for players leaving in ranked (competitive) matches. Unranked (casual) is still penalty less, since you are playing for fun/practice anyways.
As per the penalty, the user who leaves an unranked match is banned for 15 minutes. So only way to leave an unranked is to forfeit and that so everyone on your team should agree on the forfeit.

TheSloth

The Slowest One

then i know few people who will never get crates. Hhaha

- - - Updated - - -

also , i would like to mention, I have 5 Hearts trail with me. I dont use any, so if anyone is interested then can get from me

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, trade crates then. I sold 2 crates for $4 each on reddit market place: Rocket League Exchange

Cost of RL and DLC's I bought, redeemed. :p

Top Bottom